GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Delivery

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I've always wanted to participate in a european delivery program. However, one thing has always bothered me about european delivery... How could you take is easy and break in the car when you're on those roads? :iono:

Modern cars don't need breaking in, just drive them.

John Y1

Ready to race!
I've always wanted to participate in a european delivery program. However, one thing has always bothered me about european delivery... How could you take is easy and break in the car when you're on those roads? :iono:

That's what the right/center lanes are for...;)

euromannn

While stationed in Germany I've seen a few people take advantage of a local European delivery. My former boss went to the Volvo factory a few different times to pick up new cars. My brother in law ordered a new E-Class when this current generation came out. He went down to the factory at Stuttgart and got the white glove treatment and watched his car roll off the line while he was there. Definitely a cool experience if you can do swing it. I've seen the deliveries at the BMW Welt in Munich as well.

1. How would someone import a new VW to the USA which is made for the North AMerican market safety standards?

2. Could you possibly order a N. American vehicle through a German friend and then export to USA?

3. Which cars are the best deal to import to the USA? *BMW, Porsche, Mercedes?

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
I think for VW it would be very difficult and/or expensive to get a European Delivery. I have heard of many BMWs doing it and maybe a few Audis and Porsches but not very many. There are a lot of awesome euro delivery threads over on bimmerpost/m3post that are fun to click through and are informative.

Definitely on my bucket list. Pick up in Munich cruise some autobahn then a drive through the alps and to Stelvio pass.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
VW does not offer European delivery. They used to but no longer do so. However, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes and Volvo do. Check out their ED deals on their websites.