GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got the pull on a new V6 Camaro

Maxim1

Plenty of opportunity to goof around near post here, and lots of us have nice cars. Nothin' too crazy, just a run up to 60mph off of a double lane onramp to the highway.

We both waited for no traffic behind or on highway, got side by side and went down the onramp and merged onto the highway. It was from a stop.

I beat him by 3 or 4 car lengths, mostly because of the launch. I pulled ahead immediately by quite a bit, and it just stayed that way till we got close to 60mph when he very slowly started inching back.

He was in a stock manual v-6 Camaro. I figured it's pretty good when a 200hp car beats a 300hp car! It makes sense though. Fort Huachuca is at 5000ft, where the turbo will continue to make power but an N/A car will lose a significant amount. He's also got 650 pounds of extra weight...and I think he forgot to turn off his traction control, hence killing him from a stop.

I'm looking to drive down to Phoenix and get a stage 1 APR tune...I hear it makes quite the difference ;)

jgs5607

Ready to race!
That altitude and the weight are definitely a handicap for the Camaro.

When you start out with a large Holden Sedan as your base platform, it is hard to get the weight down anywhere near a Golf's level.

Maxim1

Yeah. Acceleration wise, I know that the Camaro SS would absolutely annihilate my car (the V-6 doesn't make too much more torque than the GTI. The SS has like...double)....and to be honest, because it's got so much tire, I'd expect it would outhandle it too, with the Camaro's extra weight being offset in the tight corners by the GTI's front wheel drive. Both things would cause understeer.

Both are great cars, and the Camaro is a visual stunner. With a few nice accessories it has supercar visual appeal.

Now to get that APR reflash...

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I'm gonna have to go against the poster for visual appeal, I love the look of a hatchback over the American muscle...probably why I got a gti. Lol