GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VagCom Profiles & Instructions For Testing Gasoline, Spark Plugs and Water Methanol

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I'm trying to change plugs (for the first time myself) and attempted to adjust down from 28 to 26 as per APR. My adjuster didn't seem to have the strength to lower the strap and it also marked up the strap.

How do I close the gap and also, can I still use the plug

Tap it down lightly on a piece of wood or smooth surface. Also you might have been doing it wrong if you messed up your tool. You have to find the right angle and you'll bend it with little effort.

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
Tap it down lightly on a piece of wood or smooth surface. Also you might have been doing it wrong if you messed up your tool. You have to find the right angle and you'll bend it with little effort.

Hmm... Tapping down works.. Thanks! I re-read Ryan's first page and it seems if the plug is "marred" it's risky to use. So I went out and bought another plug.. Hate wasting money like that!

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
13k since my 3+ install last fall, 2 mths of hunting a boost issue (was tune related, thank you Arin), a cold winter, clogged catchcan and 4 qts of oil later...

Torito77

Ready to race!
This is a fantastic thread with a lot of time put in it. Thank you.

Can't wait to share some logs with my new w/m kit set up.

Torito77

Ready to race!
OK, Hyde. Finish my w/m set up. As I anticipated it consists of a two phase AEM kit with one nozzle installed before the TB and after the MAP. The nozzle is 500 cc/m flow (alternatives in the kit are 250 and 1000).

My goal is to try to get the best of the 98 RON (safety for track days) and 102 RON tunes (some racing here and there) with my current w/m set up.

I bought meth this morning and filled the tank without water. Was too anxious too buy water and make the mix and made a a couple of pulls with 100% on my way home.

Session 15 is 98 RON tune with start psi at 8 and full at 15
Session 16 is 102RON tune with start psi at 6 and full at 15

Note: Iridiums 8 gap 0.24" and 30 degress celsius (86 farenheit) outside

I know I should re test with w/m 60 meth 40 water by volume but I'd like to hear from you after this logs in 4th gear and read your thoughts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjii8jzik370zl7/session.15.xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7gf9qmo77tcchd/session.16.xlsx?dl=0

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
OK, Hyde. Finish my w/m set up. As I anticipated it consists of a two phase AEM kit with one nozzle installed before the TB and after the MAP. The nozzle is 500 cc/m flow (alternatives in the kit are 250 and 1000).

My goal is to try to get the best of the 98 RON (safety for track days) and 102 RON tunes (some racing here and there) with my current w/m set up.

I bought meth this morning and filled the tank without water. Was too anxious too buy water and make the mix and made a a couple of pulls with 100% on my way home.

Session 15 is 98 RON tune with start psi at 8 and full at 15
Session 16 is 102RON tune with start psi at 6 and full at 15

Note: Iridiums 8 gap 0.24" and 30 degress celsius (86 farenheit) outside

I know I should re test with w/m 60 meth 40 water by volume but I'd like to hear from you after this logs in 4th gear and read your thoughts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjii8jzik370zl7/session.15.xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7gf9qmo77tcchd/session.16.xlsx?dl=0

I can't access these can you email them to me at RJacobs1@gmail.com?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Did you receive my emails ?

I just spent time cleaning up your data with formatting and to highlight the data at 100% throttle position (WOT pull) and I'm emailing it back to you now. The 98 tune looks good with a max of 1.5 CF but the 102 RON needs more flow as you hit a max of -2.25 through -3.75. Not a bad start though by any means. We can increase flow through the controller and through pump pressure if needed.

First, I would drain your tank of 100% meth to fill it with a fully accurate 75/25 mixture by volume.

Can you post a photo of your controller settings so I can see what you are able to adjust?

Torito77

Ready to race!
Ok... Here is a pic of my controler

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk