GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #43
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion
 
brobst's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,010
Alright guys, so you are all knowledgeable on this subject, so I decided to do my first log. I have the stage 2 file. Outside temp was about 40F degrees.
Using the power tap cable I took this log. Not 100% sure about everything I am looking at. I was mainly checking the knock and the Boost requested vs actual. This is 4th gear pull.

In your opinion, how does it look? Everything seem alright? I think my car is running fine, just curious. Apologize for the size if it is too large or too small.
__________________
K04 P&P | 325whp/325wtq | Beyond Superior Interior | Brobst's Build | Data logs
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #44
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Alright guys, so you are all knowledgeable on this subject, so I decided to do my first log. I have the stage 2 file. Outside temp was about 40F degrees.
Using the power tap cable I took this log. Not 100% sure about everything I am looking at. I was mainly checking the knock and the Boost requested vs actual. This is 4th gear pull.

In your opinion, how does it look? Everything seem alright? I think my car is running fine, just curious. Apologize for the size if it is too large or too small.
I'd send it to Andy honestly man, he can also make adjustments if they are needed. Also, he may not get on here as much as he checks email.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:16 PM   #45
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion
 
brobst's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,010
I'll check him out. I remember there was some question since I don't have maestro, if adjusting it would be possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
K04 P&P | 325whp/325wtq | Beyond Superior Interior | Brobst's Build | Data logs
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #46
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
I'll check him out. I remember there was some question since I don't have maestro, if adjusting it would be possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No, but he could still give you the advice you are looking for at least. Might help out.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:22 PM   #47
andysamland
Ready to race!
 
Drives: mk5 gti
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: omaha, NE
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Alright guys, so you are all knowledgeable on this subject, so I decided to do my first log. I have the stage 2 file. Outside temp was about 40F degrees.
Using the power tap cable I took this log. Not 100% sure about everything I am looking at. I was mainly checking the knock and the Boost requested vs actual. This is 4th gear pull.

In your opinion, how does it look? Everything seem alright? I think my car is running fine, just curious. Apologize for the size if it is too large or too small.
That log looks pretty good honestly. What company did you have tune your car?
Its fine that boost didnt meet request, Thats pretty normal with those little stock turbos. Looks like it is having some EGT influence (where the lambda dips really low) but apparently that happens a lot with these cars, so its nothing to worry about. It's just a safety measure for knock.

Overall looks good!
__________________
Need eurodyne help?
tunemaestro.com - Coming soon
andysamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:17 AM   #48
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion
 
brobst's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysamland View Post
That log looks pretty good honestly. What company did you have tune your car?
Its fine that boost didnt meet request, Thats pretty normal with those little stock turbos. Looks like it is having some EGT influence (where the lambda dips really low) but apparently that happens a lot with these cars, so its nothing to worry about. It's just a safety measure for knock.

Overall looks good!
Thanks andy. This is the canned eurodyne stage 2 tune. I'm on 93 octane.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
K04 P&P | 325whp/325wtq | Beyond Superior Interior | Brobst's Build | Data logs
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe

Last edited by brobst; 04-14-2016 at 04:11 AM.
brobst is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
custom tune, eurodyne, maestro, tune, tuning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.