GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Accessport & Accesstuner Updates - New OTS Maps, New Tables, New Monitors

vannoj

^ what numbers should the LTFT and STFT and AFR fuel trims normally like like?

LTFT and STFT should be as close to 1.00 as possible. I was having fuel trim issues with my intake on the OTS maps, so I was seeing LTFTs as high as 1.15 at times. Protune fixed that right up.

AFR should be right around 14.7 at idle. 14.7:1 is stoichiometric and will spool the turbo the most quickly, but that AFR will get richer as you apply throttle to keep temperatures under control. For the most these numbers should look okay, but I like keeping an eye on them in relation to LTFT and STFT.

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
So I took mine in to the dealership today and they'll be doing an ECU update from a Nov. 2015 service campaign. Just curious if when I flash my stage 2 again after the update if it will incorporate the changes or if it will have been literally worthless having them update it. Does the update change the engine box code? Also, I didn't uninstall the Accessport before taking it in, hopefully that won't cause any problems when flashing it back to stage 2.

jon570

Ready to race!
I saw some other mentioned it months back but is there anything still in the works for being able to use launch control? or 2-step?

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Yes! We are currently working on custom features for both the Mk6 and Mk7 GTIs. Both platforms are due to receive Launch Control, Flat Foot Shifting, and Traction Control.

Marshall@COBB

jon570

Ready to race!
Yes! We are currently working on custom features for both the Mk6 and Mk7 GTIs. Both platforms are due to receive Launch Control, Flat Foot Shifting, and Traction Control.

Marshall@COBB

As soon as thats announced. Ill be ordering. Cant wait.

Fantom1107

Passed Driver's Ed

Marshall@COBB

So how does that work with a custom tune? Should I wait to get a custom tune until those features are out or could those be added on top of a custom tune?

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Custom maps created by Protuners can typically be opened and re-saved in an updated version of Accesstuner in order to add newly released custom features.

Marshall@COBB

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Custom maps created by Protuners can typically be opened and re-saved in an updated version of Accesstuner in order to add newly released custom features.

Marshall@COBB
Is Cobb considering/willing to do any promotions for people willing to change tuners?
Because y'all seem to get better everyday.
Pm me

Sent from phone Tapa

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie

Marshall@COBB

Wait... can you dumb this down a little bit more for me? :) If I understand and read into this correctly, the protune that we currently have will need to be redone by our tuner and then emailed back to us to reload into our Accessport? Did I get that right? Thanks in advance!

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Wait... can you dumb this down a little bit more for me? :) If I understand and read into this correctly, the protune that we currently have will need to be redone by our tuner and then emailed back to us to reload into our Accessport? Did I get that right? Thanks in advance!

Close! The Protuner wouldn't need to completely redo the tune but would need to open and re-save the file in an updated version of Accesstuner in order to "activate" the new features. With that said, some features may indeed require more than a simple activation and need custom calibration work.

Marshall@COBB

Marty

Hey im getting a Accessport next month here, really excited about it. Adding some more power is always fun. I have a DSG and was wondering if DSG tunes will be coming out in the future?

Sinner

Hey im getting a Accessport next month here, really excited about it. Adding some more power is always fun. I have a DSG and was wondering if DSG tunes will be coming out in the future?

I'm would like to know this as well.

I would also like to know if they will be throwing in a feature that removes the DSG rev limiter.