GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AZNWHIP's 2011 CW Mk6 TDI Build Thread

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Just picked up new wheels :) Volk TE37 SL. These suckers are light!

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Nice build.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Just did a test fit of the wheels and looks like there will be slight rubbing unless I run negative camber which I'm not keen on. So placed an order for wide front fenders and will be flaring out the rears to match. Pseudo widebody lol

Here's a recent shot:

Last edited:

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Wide front fender finally painted and installed. Trying to source out someplace to do custom wide rear right now to match, but if not, I'll just pull them to even it out somewhat.

Did a quick test fit and looks like the TE37SL will fit perfectly with the fender.

Also picked up some Project Kics R40 Revo lugs for my stud conversion in Neo Chrome with red caps to match the Volk sticker lol

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Progress on the rears. Sourced a guy who works for Asuka and Arkym who does custom widebody on exotics for a living and was able to squeeze me in to get this made before christmas.

isons429

Ready to race!
Wow man, this is some serious body work that you have going, the fronts look awesome. What is the final plan for the rears? I assume you are going to get everything smoothed out and painted or are you going to leave the rivets visible? Just curious how you are going to integrate it. Again, nice job, can wait to see the TE37's on the car.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Wow man, this is some serious body work that you have going, the fronts look awesome. What is the final plan for the rears? I assume you are going to get everything smoothed out and painted or are you going to leave the rivets visible? Just curious how you are going to integrate it. Again, nice job, can wait to see the TE37's on the car.

It'll be smoothed out and molded on the body, then painted so looks OEM. :thumbsup:

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
What are the specs on the Volks?

18x9.0, +45 Offset, 5x114.3 (was going to run wobble, but just decided to redrill and run stud conversion). I almost got the Tokyo Time Attacks which would have allowed me to run 19x8.5 also with +45 offset, but I just love the unique pressed graphite look SLs have. Mackin had both in the warehouse so no wait time.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
How are you going to handle the fender lining on the inside of the wheel well? Very interested to see how the turns out.