GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat15: Sushi Now Made With Real Tuna - Not That Fast Food Tuna - Jaber Rejoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
I wouldn't worry about performance, with a quality USB 3.0 HUB. If any devices require power, go for a powered USB 3.0 HUB.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Sweet thanks guys.

Follow up question. I'm reading that USB 3.0 hubs can run 3.0 and 2.0 devices simultaneously - but intermixing USB 1.0 devices can cause problems because USB 1.0 timing is not rigid, and can cause latency and backups on the hub.

Is there a way to tell what "version" a particular device is? I've got some older generic USB devices that are barely a step above "homemade" and I have NO idea what USB version they are built to.

Jaber

Modero
Sweet thanks guys.

Follow up question. I'm reading that USB 3.0 hubs can run 3.0 and 2.0 devices simultaneously - but intermixing USB 1.0 devices can cause problems because USB 1.0 timing is not rigid, and can cause latency and backups on the hub.

Is there a way to tell what "version" a particular device is? I've got some older generic USB devices that are barely a step above "homemade" and I have NO idea what USB version they are built to.

I know how to in Linux, not sure Windohs.

Plug device, tail /var/log/syslog, get bus id and then check file in /sys/bus/usb/devices/[bus id], cat version file.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I know how to in Linux, not sure Windohs.

Plug device, tail /var/log/syslog, get bus id and then check file in /sys/bus/usb/devices/[bus id], cat version file.

Ok - I assume this also applies then to Mac?

I can plug the device into my MBP and monitor that way to get my answer.

GolfMk6.com. It's not just for VW's anymore.

Jaber

Modero
Ok - I assume this also applies then to Mac?

I can plug the device into my MBP and monitor that way to get my answer.

GolfMk6.com. It's not just for VW's anymore.

Should be, but life is always full of surprises.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
balls

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
balls'th

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dat TexASS.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
45s and wet, tires not checking in.
No fun. When do you think the winters will be busted out this year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.