GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Any one know or can link me where I can buy these 2 lower fenders? They go right under the bumper

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

TomCat1

Ready to race!
ECS Probably lol those were LONG gone on my car

You rarely need them considering it doesn't rain in California lmao.

Can you post a pic under your car? Like under your bumper for me please

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

mk6uccess

Passed Driver's Ed
Would someone be able to point out the direction I can go to ask questions about the 2.5 and gain some knowledge? I'm trying to figure out what is worth it to do on it and what not to do as well as some other cosmetic questions..... I would be grateful if someone could help!

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Would someone be able to point out the direction I can go to ask questions about the 2.5 and gain some knowledge? I'm trying to figure out what is worth it to do on it and what not to do as well as some other cosmetic questions..... I would be grateful if someone could help!

What mods are you planning on doing?

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
+1
Anyone have any suggestions on what rear sway bar I should get? I was looking into just getting the oem gti one but I'm curious about the neuspeed and apr bar as well. I'd be keeping my front sway bar stock
Thanks

I got the 22mm SPM rear bar with a stock front bar and it's perfect ?

mk6uccess

Passed Driver's Ed
What mods are you planning on doing?

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

I'm unsure of how to begin modding but I definitely notice the huge wheel gap the most. I'd probably lower it a little bit and I really want a longer roof spoiler.

I was also looking at LED tail lights (I love the other stock vw ones, mine are the bulb ones) and was also curious if the GTi parts work on the 2.5, cause the cosmetics of the 5-door GTi look great. Wheels as well cause the stock hubcaps look so small so those will have to go eventually...

I'm honestly really unsure of what to do, feel like I should study a lot more about the car lol

Thank you for your reply by the way!

TomCat1

Ready to race!
I'm unsure of how to begin modding but I definitely notice the huge wheel gap the most. I'd probably lower it a little bit and I really want a longer roof spoiler.

I was also looking at LED tail lights (I love the other stock vw ones, mine are the bulb ones) and was also curious if the GTi parts work on the 2.5, cause the cosmetics of the 5-door GTi look great. Wheels as well cause the stock hubcaps look so small so those will have to go eventually...

I'm honestly really unsure of what to do, feel like I should study a lot more about the car lol

Thank you for your reply by the way!

Not a problem. I have a 2.5 as well. You should probably buy either springs or coilovers first and wheels since they're the most expensive. I'd go with ST coilovers. There are a few people selling through out the forum. Search around. The LED tails look great, change the whole car look. Makes it meaner. The first thing I did was buy an APR cold air intake. The sound is great and I love it. Than I bought wheels and coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Kerebrus

Ready to race!

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion

mk6uccess

Passed Driver's Ed
Not a problem. I have a 2.5 as well. You should probably buy either springs or coilovers first and wheels since they're the most expensive. I'd go with ST coilovers. There are a few people selling through out the forum. Search around. The LED tails look great, change the whole car look. Makes it meaner. The first thing I did was buy an APR cold air intake. The sound is great and I love it. Than I bought wheels and coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Thanks so much for the response! If I put a cold air intake into mine what differences would there be especially in sound? I think I read a while ago about water getting into it when it's wet out but I have no clue how far that's true. Also, what's a good place to buy all these things from?

I appreciate this a lot! Thank you

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Thanks so much for the response! If I put a cold air intake into mine what differences would there be especially in sound? I think I read a while ago about water getting into it when it's wet out but I have no clue how far that's true. Also, what's a good place to buy all these things from?

I appreciate this a lot! Thank you

The sound is way different. It's true about the water, but it all depends if your intake gets submerged under a puddle. Currently I have my intake on win no wheel fender which is pretty dangerous if it gets submerged. But it's never happened. You can buy it from apr directly or websites. Or even here on the forum. Check out the classified section for more

Sent from my iPhone hoe!