GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about trading in my mk5 for a mk6

Hassenpfeffer

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a 2008 GTI with only 19k miles and got a new 2010 that ended up cheaper per month with the financing deal. I like the newer style a lot better.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Yeah, not having owned a MKV, I was fortunate to have swapped rides with a MKV buddy last month.

Our impressions:

We preferred the throws on the gears on the MKV; the shifter and distance seemed perceptively shorter/better. The suspension seemed bouncier and more fun.

The MKVI, on the other hand crushes the V in every other category (finish, grip, handling, wheel.)

I think I prefer the VIs styling (slightly) but that said, your V has a lot of sex appeal.

BadGTI

Ready to race!
I think I'm am going to hold off for now, and pick up a CPO later down the road to save some money. Also saves some fighting with the wife about switching cars.:fighting0030:

Last edited:
P

plac

I think I'm am going to hold off for now, and pick up a CPO later down the road to save some money. Also saves some fighting with the wife about switching cars.:fighting0030:

thats the closest i get to divorce every time I get a new car.. :lol:

BadGTI

Ready to race!
thats the closest i get to divorce every time I get a new car.. :lol:

lol. I know what you mean:bellyroll:

BadGTI

Ready to race!
PFFT... married folk. just do the dishes every day for a week and pop her with the GTI discussion on the 8th day....

sucks to be in prison with an unsympathetic cell mate

P

plac

PFFT... married folk. just do the dishes every day for a week and pop her with the GTI discussion on the 8th day....

sucks to be in prison with an unsympathetic cell mate

i'd say im the unsympathetic one, with an average of a new car at least every year for the last 8 years..

BadGTI

Ready to race!
i'd say im the unsympathetic one, with an average of a new car at least every year for the last 8 years..

Im 21 and have had 7 cars. I have been with my wife 2 yrs now and since then have had a mkV, then a '89 coupe 240 w/ a SR, now another mkV. But between my 2 she decided she wanted a 4 door mkV GTI because the she said the Jetta's were "ugly" because of the chrome front ends then she got a mkV GLI.(because she likes how the front looks like a GTI, but it has a trunk...)