GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Is there a fix for this other than getting a new radiator? A resistor fix?

sub'd for this. I have this issue too, same conditions as everyone else describes. The code comes and goes on it's own. I have to pass CA emissions this year so having this replaced under parts warranty. Otherwise I'd be tempted to leave it since I cringe bringing my car into the dealership.

isnt there some way we can have this replaced regardless of warranty? they cant possibly have a monopoly over having to replace a part due to emissions! yes, now you will all say we replace our o2 sensors. BUT we can get aftermarket sensors. NO ONE sells the radiator WITH the sensor EXCEPT VW. annnddd we cant replace JUST the sensor.

I have Eurodyne now. Deleted the code with Maestro and still pass all readiness!

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I have Eurodyne now. Deleted the code with Maestro and still pass all readiness!

glad to hear it worked out for you and awesome to hear you can delete the code (is it permanent?) and pass emissions.

Radiator #2 and #3 (current) seem to enjoy throwing the P2568 code, not convinced getting a new one under warranty will fix the issue.

I'll write APR as they may have a solution too.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
glad to hear it worked out for you and awesome to hear you can delete the code (is it permanent?) and pass emissions.

Radiator #2 and #3 (current) seem to enjoy throwing the P2568 code, not convinced getting a new one under warranty will fix the issue.

I'll write APR as they may have a solution too.

I just turned the code off so it doesn't throw a CEL (same thing tuners do for non cat files so you don't get the CEL). Usually that would mean that you don't pass emissions do to not setting readiness, but thats not the case. I have no cat, and the cat and radiator sensor CEL's turned off and still set all readiness. I don't get it, but I'm not complaining. LOL.

FYI, APR won't do anything for you to get rid of the code. Which I find stupid since less than half of MK6's have that sensor.

v.b

Ready to race!
I forgot to mention I started getting this code only after my last waterpump replacement last summer. Anyone else notice a similar correlation? Is there a temp sensor in the waterpump housing that may be causing this issue?

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I just turned the code off so it doesn't throw a CEL (same thing tuners do for non cat files so you don't get the CEL). Usually that would mean that you don't pass emissions do to not setting readiness, but thats not the case. I have no cat, and the cat and radiator sensor CEL's turned off and still set all readiness. I don't get it, but I'm not complaining. LOL.

FYI, APR won't do anything for you to get rid of the code. Which I find stupid since less than half of MK6's have that sensor.

that is awesome, glad it worked for you. CA emissions may be stricter than in PA, so I think Im at the mercy of VW to replace this with a radiator that works. Radiator #1 failed due to leaks, #2 failed because of the p2568 code, and #3 is getting the code too. If radiator #4 fails, I may have to get a lawyer and make VW buy this back as it won't pass emissions.

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
I just took my car to VW for a new intake manifold. It had both the p2015 and p2568 fault codes. I was getting the p2568 intermittently over the past couple months. They also swapped out my water pump for the revised version due to the recall. The tech related the p2568 fault code to "small coolant leak which could have created air pocket in cooling system."

I've had 4 water pumps now and each time the p2568 code appeared a couple months beforehand... Definitely a correlation between the two.

Last edited:

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I just took my car to VW for a new intake manifold. It had both the p2015 and p2568 fault codes. I was getting the p2568 intermittently over the past couple months. They also swapped out my water pump for the revised version due to the recall. The tech related the p2568 fault code to "small coolant leak which could have created air pocket in cooling system."

I've had 4 water pumps now and each time the p2568 code appeared a couple months beforehand... Definitely a correlation between the two.

Im not saying you are wrong, but I find it hard to believe there is something wrong with my waterpump #4. after all, VW replaced it with a new one that works. :rolleyes:

50cool50

I just got a brilliant fucking idea. Since in theory this sensor references the actual coolant temp sensor, I wonder if I just tap into the coolant temp sensor wiring and attach the Direct Ozone Temp sensor wiring into that if it would solve the issue...

Probably not, but I'm going to do some investigating tonight.

I also got this stupid sensor in my 8p. :paddle:

I replaced the rad with an aftermarket (no sensor model), but then as I was taking the old rad out, that stupid sensor broke off. So I been playing around with it for days now. Its has a little copper wire coming out of the black box which then connects into a resin nipple, and all that nipple does it slot inside an alloy tab in the rad. The copper wire and nipple can't be sending much information to the computer? Just temp readings?
I cut the alloy tab out of the old radiator with a grinder, soldered the wire back from the box to the tab, then strapped the whole thing to the top of my new rad, but its still throwing the code.
Does anyone have any ideas how to do a fix for this yet? Anyone?

Is there any software/reader to delete the code.?
I got arizona emissions coming up in a couple of weeks. (its originally a California car) Would be cool to get past emissions without shelling out mega $$$ to VW

thanks everyone

Last edited:

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
also, I would think this would be covered under emissions warranty. I'll call a mod friendly VW dealer to confirm.

50cool50

Clear the codes the day before you go to get inspected, drive long enough to set readiness, then go get your inspection.

The MIL will only turn on after the code is detected twice.

I tried clearing the codes with odb2 but the light just comes back right away :mad0259:

Do I need the VAG?

Last edited:

12xu

Subscribed for this. I'm on the 4th rad and 3rd water pump, clearing the code 2 or 3 times a month and dreading CA emissions.

Would love to know what to do to get rid of this short of going back to the dealer for warranty replacement on the same 2 parts forever.

Does anyone else show P2568 and P2568 pending? Might just be a quirk of my obdII reader.

AccelaSX

Ready to race!
The shop that did my intercooler install, broke the ozone sensor (aka temperature sensor) and never told me about it, they just glued it back on and denied that they did anything. Eventually I had my regular mechanic to take apart the front end and fix the problem.
Here is a summary: The ozone probe is easy to break of you decide to remove it from the radiator (a few on this forum did it successfully though). What VW did is they cut threads in the radiator block where the probe goes in, so ones it is in, it will not come out, plus they use glue. In addition, the only way to buy a replacement ozone sensor is with a new radiator. This way VW ensures that only approved radiator with special coating is used.
In the end, I had to replace both sensor and radiator, but I asked my mechanic to drill out the stupid threads, so I can remove the sensor without braking it in the future, and filled the hole with silver thermal grease (Arctic Silver) to make sure there a good heat transfer between radiator and the probe. it has been good 5k miles and no issues so far.

50cool50

I am wondering, could someone with a good working sensor put probe ends into the wires feeding the sensor and take some Volt, amp, capacitance and ohms readings both when the car is cold , and then when it has warmed to operating temperature. Maybe we can get a prototype fix designed..
I am surprised no one has come up with a simulator for this yet being that it is such a temperamental pain in the ass even when it is working