GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Black Autobahn 4Dr
Dude a 300 hp v8 is a joke nowadays. The v6 mustangs now are faster

Revo Stage 2 , SPM Street TBE, Forge Twintake
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
Lou Maiuri
Banned

Drives: One Tray Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmikeyd View Post
Dude a 300 hp v8 is a joke nowadays. The v6 mustangs now are faster
and a 195 hp 4 cylinder is impressive?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Maiuri View Post
No, its normal. 300 v8 should have 400 on that note. Your argument is invalid

Old 03-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Noize
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Maiuri View Post
Are you underrating the GTI HP and performance on purpose? They run mid 14s with a manual transmission. Way faster than 7 seconds flat to 60, and more than 195 HP.

Those old 300hp V8 GT 4.6 Mustangs were dogs. They'll eat a stock GTI no problem, though.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #19
excelevant
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '14 5.0 Track Pack
HEY OP JUST SO YOU KNOW, YOU MAY HAVE RACED THAT MUSTANG AND HAD A GOOD TIME AND SHARED THE RESULT, BUT YOU WON'T LEAVE THIS THREAD THINKING YOU CAN BEAT ONE WITHOUT AN APR TUNE, YOU NEED TO GROW UP

Btw this efficient little turbo 4 cylinder has a pathetic specific output of 50+hp/cylinder to the monstrous 37.5hp/cyl produced by the all American Ford Mustang. There is just simply no way this impresses
Old 03-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
StigsFatAmericanCousin
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 4 door DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelevant View Post
HEY OP JUST SO YOU KNOW, YOU MAY HAVE RACED THAT MUSTANG AND HAD A GOOD TIME AND SHARED THE RESULT, BUT YOU WON'T LEAVE THIS THREAD THINKING YOU CAN BEAT ONE WITHOUT AN APR TUNE, YOU NEED TO GROW UP

Btw this efficient little turbo 4 cylinder has a pathetic specific output of 50+hp/cylinder to the monstrous 37.5hp/cyl produced by the all American Ford Mustang. There is just simply no way this impresses
OP stated he didn't think he beat the Mustang.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelevant View Post

Old 03-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
Zonaglxy
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 MKVI GTI
I owned a 2006 mustang gt before my GTI. You wouldn't have stayed even if the guy was trying. Stage 1 could possibly stay with a stock 3v 4.6 mustang GT. I had full bolt-ons on my GT and ran low 13's at 106-108 at the track. Looking back I would have a tough time taking my old GT from a dig even at K04.
2011 GTI 6MT / APR K04 #66 / Neuspeed FMIC / BB Stealth TBE / Carbonio Intake / Smoked OEM R Tail lights / Neuspeed Sofsport Springs
Old 03-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
GTmyI
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 Carbon Steel Grey Autobahn GTI
Is it a GT or just a normal one looks like a GT?

GT is 300hp 320 torque... 5.2-5.3 0-60
Non GT is like 210hp and 240 torque
Old 03-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: something faster than K04
Seriously? Someone compared the hp/cyl on an engine that was dated back to 2005 against one from 2010?

That is retarded. What was the GTI running in 2005? Certainly not as it is now. Let's compare a brand new GTI and a brand new Mustang V8 to be fair or an 05 V8 Mustang and an 05 GTI.... Calling it a dog is ridiculous. It was and still is faster than a brand new GTI. If it is a second faster than a GTI to 60, then does that make a GTI a dog with 2 legs? Come on people.

THE GTI IS NOT THE BEST FASTEST CAR EVER. The amount of fanboi's is becoming like Vortex.

GTI FASTEST CAR, BEST ENGINE, BEST INTERIOR EVER MADE!!!!! Please. It's a nice little quick car for a 4 cyl. Most plain jane V6 sedans nowadays will obliterate a GTI, Accord and Camry included. Damn near get the same mileage too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshay View Post
Iono man. You meatspinned me once when I was in the library. I'm still bitter about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
Lol NEEK is like how GK was before he became a mod. Lol.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #25
Biggee72
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2009 GTI
The current GTI engine is from 2008 so its pretty old. The 2005 mustangs engine is from 1992 with minor updates throughout. The fact that the mustang had an old, dog, shit engine in it at that time is u acceptable. American engines have a history of being shitty technology and underpowered. Mustang fanboys are worse. They think anything not American made is junk. They usually find out the hard way how slow the mustang is at the track when they have to go neck and neck with an evo, sti, etc. To put it into perspective my wifes rav 4 will do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. One second off from a 300 hp 2005 mustang. Also, the gti and mustang are not anywhere near in the same class of cars. Either way, I'd have the mustang. For practicality I bought the gti.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #26
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: something faster than K04
That 4.6 is still not dog shit. For laughs, a V8 from VW in the same era in a Touareg had 310 hp. In the S4, a car that is WAY above a Mustang, only 340. Are Mustangs from that era fast? Compared to 2005 standards, yes. Compared to today's standards, no.

Should they have more HP and be faster? Absolutely. At that time, they really had no competition. No Camaro, no Challenger. There is a reason the Mustang never stopped production. They made them slightly less powerful and more liveable to the common driver. Not the super performance oriented. They were good enough during a time when a 300 hp V8 was pretty damn good. Keep in mind that a GTI had a paltry 180 then. Non FI 4 cylinder engines make that easily nowadays. So, then I guess the GTI had a dog shit engine then too? Different eras are different eras. Let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshay View Post
Iono man. You meatspinned me once when I was in the library. I'm still bitter about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
Lol NEEK is like how GK was before he became a mod. Lol.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #27
rs999
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
I hate the VS forum with no videos these threads are prone to many tales full of fuckery.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
Noize
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6medic View Post
Seriously? Someone compared the hp/cyl on an engine that was dated back to 2005 against one from 2010?

That is retarded. What was the GTI running in 2005? Certainly not as it is now. Let's compare a brand new GTI and a brand new Mustang V8 to be fair or an 05 V8 Mustang and an 05 GTI.... Calling it a dog is ridiculous. It was and still is faster than a brand new GTI. If it is a second faster than a GTI to 60, then does that make a GTI a dog with 2 legs? Come on people.

THE GTI IS NOT THE BEST FASTEST CAR EVER. The amount of fanboi's is becoming like Vortex.

GTI FASTEST CAR, BEST ENGINE, BEST INTERIOR EVER MADE!!!!! Please. It's a nice little quick car for a 4 cyl. Most plain jane V6 sedans nowadays will obliterate a GTI, Accord and Camry included. Damn near get the same mileage too.
It's all point of reference. I called the 4.6 GT a dog because it is. Let's call a spade a spade. The new Coyote motor 5.0 GT makes the 4.6 look like a joke. Even the new V6 equals the old 4.6 V8 in output.

I don't think the GTI is fast in the least, but it's not marketed as fast muscle car like the GT is.

My reference over the last ten years (before my commuter GTI) were 11 second four cylinders (Evos) with fantastic handling, traction, and braking stock. The power was cheap to address in the aftermarket. The pre-Coyote GTs had none of those three things stock, and have solid axle. Dogs. Junk. The new Mustangs still are solid axle, but are freaking awesome on track. Not dogs. Not junk.

Closed Thread