GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BlkRMk6 Build Progress

BlkRMk6

Right now I have a '13 Golf R in Black. I got it about 3 weeks ago, and it's been a blast to drive so far.

It's basically stock, just a stage 1 APR tune, and a VWR intake. 16k miles.

It's really fast but I know it wants to go faster, so I am considering either stage 2+ or 3+.

I'm trying to think of it in terms of dollar per hp when upgrading. Comparing the costs. Right now I'm at roughly 330hp (peak) stage 2 brings me up to 365hp vs 455hp if I go all the way stage 3+ So its hard to decide. Calculating the cost of stage 2+ vs 3+.

Seems like stage 2+ (HPFP+Turbo Back) will cost me about 600$ p&l on the HPFP. The turbo back about 1800$ installed. So about $2400 all together. Thats $68 per HP.

Stage 3+ 6k for APR GTX Stage 3 turbo upgrade, Probably $400 in labor. Plus the $2400 for stage 2 stuff. Still need intercooler, $1200 installed. Rods, bearings, pistons, rings (unknown $, guessing around 1k) Brakes would be a good idea but not sure price on that. I'll assume at least 600$ so stage 3 is about $11,600 (do i really wanna put over 10k in this car?! part of me thinks I shoulda got a mk7 if I was going to go all the way to stage 3, but that is water over the bridge at this point :iono: and would add another 7-10k to the cost for sure) so, Stage 3 if my math is right that's approx $92 per hp.

That doesn't include wheels/tires shocks, struts, shifter, coils, or any handling upgrades. Honestly I can't go any lower due to my steep driveway anyway. Here she is how she sits now. Tips and suggestions on which direction to take it welcome.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Except that you don't need to open the engine for 455 crank horse on a Mk6 R.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion