GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAF related tune issue?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Hello guys I'm still trying to get my car running right. I've narrowed the culprit down to the MAF sensor or something related. When I unplug the MAF, car runs fine, pulls hard, hits target boost and fuel trims are decent. MAF plugged in, hesitation at low rpms, can’t build boost(bleeds off via wastegate), and I get a epc/cel and then limp mode if I use more than 50% throttle.

Faults scanned via accessport are:

P0606
P0068
P050A

Also scanned using Vcds, codes seemed more accurate

P1335
P0068
P050A
P2261

Two of which are MAF related. I've already tried replacing the sensor with a new one, no change at all. The car is being tuned by stratified. The only thing I can think of at this point is that the tuner calibrated for Cobb’s MAF sensor and not the stock one. Anyone experience anything similar, or have any suggestions on how to fix. I emailed my tuner about the MAF but I'm guessing I won't hear back till after Christmas.

Almost has to be a tune issue at this point right? I've already tried, adjusting my wga, changed my diverter valve and replaced sensors, no change at all.

Thanks for any help.

Vcds scan:

Saturday,16,December,2017,01:36:56:51301
VCDS Version: Release 17.8.1 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64
www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06J-906-026-CCT.clb
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 115 AS HW: 1K0 907 115 AA
Component and/or Version: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0040
Software Coding: 0403010A1C070160
Work Shop Code: WSC 01357 011 03080
VCID: 77A8E4DED3C1C2EF6BB-8022
4 Faults Found:

004917 - Engine Torque Monitor 2
P1335 - 000 - Control Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 8
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 98977 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.11.14
Time: 16:50:51

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2119 /min
Load: 56.4 %
Speed: 28.0 km/h
Temperature: 56.0°C
Temperature: 28.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.843 V

000104 - MAP/MAF <-> Throttle Position Correlation
P0068 - 000 - - Intermittent - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 10100000
Fault Frequency: 113
Mileage: 98953 km
Date: 2017.11.11
Time: 22:17:12

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 3188 /min
Load: 7.8 %
Speed: 63.0 km/h
Temperature: 97.0°C
Temperature: 30.0°C
Voltage: 13.589 V

001290 - Cold Start Idle Air Control System
P050A - 000 - Malfunction - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100000
Fault Frequency: 2
Mileage: 98964 km
Date: 2017.11.12
Time: 15:21:47

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 869 /min
Load: 74.5 %
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Temperature: 31.0°C
Temperature: 21.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.716 V

008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
P2261 - 000 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Frequency: 30
Mileage: 99424 km
Date: 2017.11.29
Time: 16:04:10

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2721 /min
Load: 8.6 %
Speed: 36.0 km/h
Temperature: 86.0°C
Temperature: 33.0°C
Voltage: 13.843 V

Readiness: 0000 0001

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I just flashed my first tune with Stratified yesterday and have a similar issue. Mine drives fine if you grandma it, but anything more than 1/4 throttle holding the rpm to just above 4k and it’s like hitting a brick wall. And then the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and goes into limp mode. Scanned for codes with the AP and got P0606.

I have a forged motorsports intake, K04 hybrid, GFB DV+ which has been relocated, intercooler etc.

I obviously logged it and emailed it but yeah will probably have to wait a while. You found disconnecting the MAF sensor helped temporarily?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I just flashed my first tune with Stratified yesterday and have a similar issue. Mine drives fine if you grandma it, but anything more than 1/4 throttle holding the rpm to just above 4k and it’s like hitting a brick wall. And then the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and goes into limp mode. Scanned for codes with the AP and got P0606.

I have a forged motorsports intake, K04 hybrid, GFB DV+ which has been relocated, intercooler etc.

I obviously logged it and emailed it but yeah will probably have to wait a while. You found disconnecting the MAF sensor helped temporarily?

Are you using the stock wga?
Yeah unplugging the MAF allows for normal driving. Wish I would gotten vcds and scanned months ago. I've spent way too much time and money trying to fix.

My mod list.

Cobb Tuning AP3-VLK-001
Cobb Tuning Downpipe Non-Resonated
Cobb Tuning Catback
Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake
Integrated Engineering Intake Manifold
Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete and Boost Pipes
Fluidampr + ARP Bolt Kit (Crank Pulley)
ARM Motorsports FMIC + Stock IC Delete
R8 Coils
NGK BKR7EIX (2667) Spark Plugs Set (4)
Gruven Billet Pulley Set (Alternator and Tension)

Port and Polished Stock Turbo (IHI RHF5)
Forge Wastegate Actuator
GFB DV+ (removed)
Turbosmart plumbback

PTP Lava Wrap on Downpipe
PTP Turbo Blanket (removed to access wga)

Pm me who they assigned as your tuner I'm curious if I have the same person.
I found vcds more accurate when scanning for faults.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Have you tried swapping in a diff MAP sensor and or inspecting the throttle body wiring? ( I know that was a common issue for some TSI and there was a TSB fix for it)

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Have you tried swapping in a diff MAP sensor and or inspecting the throttle body wiring? ( I know that was a common issue for some TSI and there was a TSB fix for it)

I have 3-bar map sensor sitting on my desk. But I'm waiting to hear back from my stratified tuner, because if i remember correctly the tune has to be adjusted to use the 3-bar. I occasionally hit it's max reading so I want to run the 3-bar to make sure I'm not overboosting.

I had an issue with being unable to adapt the Grams 70mm TB to the car, but the stock unit runs fine, adapted first try. I didn't have any issues when I was just running the intake and exhaust on a stage 2 map. I inspected the TB wiring when the grams one wouldn't work didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Ran adaptation again when i got vcds last week, still functioning properly.

Last edited:

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you using the stock wga?
Yeah unplugging the MAF allows for normal driving. Wish I would gotten vcds and scanned months ago. I've spent way too much time and money trying to fix.

My mod list.

Cobb Tuning AP3-VLK-001
Cobb Tuning Downpipe Non-Resonated
Cobb Tuning Catback
Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake
Integrated Engineering Intake Manifold
Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete and Boost Pipes
Fluidampr + ARP Bolt Kit (Crank Pulley)
ARM Motorsports FMIC + Stock IC Delete
R8 Coils
NGK BKR7EIX (2667) Spark Plugs Set (4)
Gruven Billet Pulley Set (Alternator and Tension)

Port and Polished Stock Turbo (IHI RHF5)
Forge Wastegate Actuator
GFB DV+ (removed)
Turbosmart plumbback

PTP Lava Wrap on Downpipe
PTP Turbo Blanket (removed to access wga)

Pm me who they assigned as your tuner I'm curious if I have the same person.
I found vcds more accurate when scanning for faults.

Not sure. The hybrid K04 I have can flow over 430hp, but not sure about the WGA or whether its been modified.

For now I will just keep driving it like a grandma till Alex finishes my tune. Is ok as is just the base tune so can’t expect too much I guess..

lleron

Ready to race!
I've been having similar issues with my Stratified's tune and was initially getting P1335s as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one as I was going crazy wondering if there was something wrong with my car and also tried replacing multiple parts (DV+, PCV). I have gone back and forth a bit with him (which is somewhat frustrating as each response takes ~2 weeks) and some things have gotten better but am still having boost control issues as well. Hopefully we can all get our problems worked out with future revisions...

For context, I have a P&P K04 with the stock actuator and a 3-bar MAP.

It's funny, my P1335 was the same exact speed as yours.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 335

Frankenmk6

Hello, I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes of finding as much info as possible. Did everyone fix this issue? What ended up being the culprit?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Check fuse 1 inside panel C fuse box....didn’t see anyone mention it

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I was getting a P0068 and a P1335 but it was from my faulty grams 70mm throttle body. Swapping back to stock TB resolved the issue and the car drives great now.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I was getting a P0068 and a P1335 but it was from my faulty grams 70mm throttle body. Swapping back to stock TB resolved the issue and the car drives great now.

Mine didn't work either, you going to mail it to them or just seek a refund?