GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine light gone by it self?....

FlavMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
I️ had codes p2178-p2187...last nite.
Today I️ had to move my car in the morning, turn it on and now there’s no engine light on???????....uhhhhh?....... what’s going on?

Also looked around the engine bay and found a string’ long string.... looked at my serpentine belt and I’m missing the whole middle part of the belt?’ So it looks like I️ have two belts. Weird. Changing that today before it snaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I would refrain from driving. That serpentine belt needs to be replaced ASAP.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
With regards to the belt, it could be that something had been rubbing on it causing the central damage, be that part of the car or a foreign object so check for any loose parts or some debris stuck in there, it’s also very unlikely that the belt has anything to do with the codes you were getting, but you probably already know that.

FlavMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
With regards to the belt, it could be that something had been rubbing on it causing the central damage, be that part of the car or a foreign object so check for any loose parts or some debris stuck in there, it’s also very unlikely that the belt has anything to do with the codes you were getting, but you probably already know that.

Yeah haha. Well the engine lights went away. Today I’m changing the belt and reading the engine again. Hopefully nun crazy but the Pcv