GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 370z vs 2011 stage 2 STi

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new car! One suggestion though! As the owner of a G35 with full bolt on's and just laughing at all the people here that say they kill them.
If you haven't heard of Motordyneengineering I highly suggest you contact them! They make great products for these platforms and when I put on their ART pipe my top end just screamed!

EvoX1

Ready to race!
Congrats on the new car! One suggestion though! As the owner of a G35 with full bolt on's and just laughing at all the people here that say they kill them.
If you haven't heard of Motordyneengineering I highly suggest you contact them! They make great products for these platforms and when I put on their ART pipe my top end just screamed!

Thanks everyone, i have been looking into motordyne. However i havent decided if im going to keep the car yet, i purchased it well below its actual value, so i can sell it in the spring and make money... Anyways if i decide to keep it, it will be stored for the winter and worked on until spring.

Plans: new rims, 305 tires, wheel spacers 15mm( yea this setup fits), suspension, f.i. Longtube headers, meisterschaft exhaust, and gtm stage 1 TT kit. (if i keep it)

Anyways i never ran an mkvi with the evo altho im sure a stage 2 would pull on a stock one and a 2+ should pull on a stage 1 evo x, anyone here want to test out the z before i store it? I think a 2+ should be an even race 40-100... And a ko4 should whoop my ***

Last edited:

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

Well I have owned 2 g35s and a 350z HR. My car as it is now will beat those cars as I have done it. I prototyped products for Tony at Motordyne on my g35s and 350z. He makes excellent products.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Thanks everyone, i have been looking into motordyne. However i havent decided if im going to keep the car yet, i purchased it well below its actual value, so i can sell it in the spring and make money... Anyways if i decide to keep it, it will be stored for the winter and worked on until spring.

Plans: new rims, 305 tires, wheel spacers 15mm( yea this setup fits), suspension, f.i. Longtube headers, meisterschaft exhaust, and gtm stage 1 TT kit. (if i keep it)

Anyways i never ran an mkvi with the evo altho im sure a stage 2 would pull on a stock one and a 2+ should pull on a stage 1 evo x, anyone here want to test out the z before i store it? I think a 2+ should be an even race 40-100... And a ko4 should whoop my ***

I down but im from quebec city.

If u willing to drive to Berthierville, we could do it.

bizlipkick1

Yea, beating a stage 2 is seems like a stretch but the 370's are proving to be beast. I have a 08 HR Z and from a roll (I dont do stop light stuff) I can usually pull sti's/evo's by a car or so if they are stock. 370's pull on me about a car also, so your race sounds about right. My 2010 gti loses to all the above, but its my wifes car now and I dont want to do anything to it until the warranty's up (3 fuel injectors went out at 8k miles, warranty covered it but still a little cautious) ;-)

Last edited:

bizlipkick1

And yea what he said. I have a 2010 gti and a 08 350Z HR (not a 370 I know) and the blatant lies some people tell like the 350/g35's are just heavy pigs that cant outrun a civic is a little far. I take my co workers out in my GTI, turn traction control off and get on it, they say "wow, pretty quick". Take em out in the HR, turn VDC off and downshift a gear or to, they say "I need new underwear". Haha, all joking aside though the 350zs/g35's are not a drivers race, no matter how much people like to say they are. And this comes from someone who owns a gti and a Z.

Last edited:

EvoX1

Ready to race!
Yea, beating a stage 2 is seems like a stretch but the 370's are proving to be beast. I have a 08 HR Z and from a roll (I dont do stop light stuff) I can usually pull sti's/evo's by a car or so if they are stock. 370's pull on me about a car also, so your race sounds about right. My 2010 gti loses to all the above, but its my wifes car now and I dont want to do anything to it until the warranty's up (3 fuel injectors went out at 8k miles, warranty covered it but still a little cautious) ;-)

I think it might be tuned, i have to have the car thoroughly inspected. I raced a stock sti, it was even close, i also raced my friends full bolt on and cammed evo x... It didnt end well for me :p

2010GTi Carbon

Ready to race!
Well if i do the math the sti weighs 250-300 pounds more, and puts down anywhere from 20-35 whp more and about 70-90 wtq more, however the 370z should breath better up top... Im gonna go ahead and say he could have driven better, any 2+ gti in the montreal area here?

APR Stage 2 just south of the border in Plattsburgh.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Seems people don't realize wheel hp trumps the idea awd kills power...the only thing hurting the awd is the added weight

This. Power/Weight ----------->

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Nice car! I'd like to race one once I get a ko4 :)