GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally got to test drive a 2011 GTI

Vermilion

Ready to race!
The fit and finish were very nice and surprised me with its 200hp motor. Paddles were pretty fun as well. They only had one so didn't get to try a DSG and manual side by side. Though after driving the DSG I do think it will be what I get. I liked all the little gizmo's and features throughout the car. This one was a base model with DSG so its as far away as I could get from what I'd like to have (Autobahn package). Hope to try to start haggling on a 2011 Candy White 4 door DSG with Autobahn package very soon. Besides the 300hp and AWD, the GTI puts my STi to shame from every other angle.

falconeight1

Ready to race!
The fit and finish were very nice and surprised me with its 200hp motor. Paddles were pretty fun as well. They only had one so didn't get to try a DSG and manual side by side. Though after driving the DSG I do think it will be what I get. I liked all the little gizmo's and features throughout the car. This one was a base model with DSG so its as far away as I could get from what I'd like to have (Autobahn package). Hope to try to start haggling on a 2011 Candy White 4 door DSG with Autobahn package very soon. Besides the 300hp and AWD, the GTI puts my STi to shame from every other angle.

I went from a 2008 STI to a 2010 GTI and don't miss the STI a bit. The interior was falling apart, it rattled everywhere, the seat had no support, the steering wheel was taken off of a bus, and it drank gas as if it were free.

Vermilion

Ready to race!
I went from a 2008 STI to a 2010 GTI and don't miss the STI a bit. The interior was falling apart, it rattled everywhere, the seat had no support, the steering wheel was taken off of a bus, and it drank gas as if it were free.

This exactly. Specially the horrible seats. First thing I noticed when I climbed in the GTI was how it was snug and didn't want to let go. Sti you slide all over.

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed

Interesting, im an ex evo 9 owner and when i return from my business trip my 2011 GTI with DSG is waiting to be collected :happyanim: one of the major reasons I went for the GTI was its overall fit and finish, my evo was great fun but it used to rattle a bit and the interior was better than the STI's but still not up there with the GTI, although I do miss the power of the Evo, it was modded to 380BHP, I think with a little modding on the GTI stage 1 and then later on stage 2, I can have 90% of the fun I had in the evo when wanting to go fast but have a much better day to day experience in the GTI.