GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subwoofer placement

jaysonkandiah

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys! Just having my double din installed over the weekend and just wanted to reach out to the people who have had some audio done to their mk6 golf, I'm looking to get air done in a few months and wanted to ask where they have put their subwoofer?

Last edited:

njswider

Ready to race!
Hey guys! Just having my double din installed over the weekend and just wanted to reach out to the people who have had some audio done to their mk6 golf, I'm looking to get air done in a few months and wanted to ask where they have put their subwoofer?

most of the users on this forum use the uberstealth box which goes next to the spare tire under the floor of the trunk so you still have all of the trunk space.

or you can get a side mount box that goes on the side of the trunk and you still have a good amount of trunk space available.

I recommend the uberstealth box from nik because everyone has nothing but good things to say about it and you don't sacrifice any cargo space.

http://www.uberstealthaudio.com

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-volkswagen-gti

I will be getting an uberstealth box in the near future.

finallyamused

Ready to race!
I went with a side mount. I got it for a good deal from another member off of here, I'm very happy with it. Both the side mount or the uberstealth box are great choices.

BeerSnob1980

Passed Driver's Ed

Another vote for Uberstealth. Great box, great fit for the car, it's awesome to expand the system without losing real estate in the hatch.

L0WCLASS

Ready to race!
I went with a side mount. I got it for a good deal from another member off of here, I'm very happy with it. Both the side mount or the uberstealth box are great choices.

how would this work with a air setup? i have a false floor i need to remove all the time for shows and what not but through your picture it looks like that will restrict me from doing so?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I would have gone with a side mount or uberstealth box....but it wouldn't fit the sub I have. Yes, I can still put groceries in the back. LOL