GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Look another build thread!

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
I've been trolling these forums for a few moths and have finally decided to post up what I've done to my GTI!

I've been bit by the mod bug pretty hard when I had my previous Jetta 2.5(RIP. I was T-boned beginning of Sept,on my bday) I was trying to make it the fastest 2.5 I could with out going turbo! I don't think a month has gone by since I've owned my GTI that I haven't done something to it.

The day I picked'er up, end of September 2013. 4 door Wolfsburg MT

First thing that I did was get some tint, it's nice to have in AZ! Then the good'ol debadging front and rear, followed up by a repainting of the red striping on the grille to black.

Since then I've installed (in order)
  1. Diesel Geek Sigma6
  2. APR Carbonio Stage 1 Intake
  3. GolfR intercooler
  4. Forge Diverter Valve
  5. 2 Conti DWS (who else has had issues with the factory dunpops?)
  6. H&R SuperSport springs
  7. GolfR upper grille (debaged)
  8. Dog bone mount insert

When all is said and done I plan on going BT with this one. But that wont be for a while since I'm going back to school to change careers.

In the mean time I'll have fun with what I've got and continue modding as I go! This month I think I will be doing a Bleeder Block from ECS in addition to a DoubleApex USB install.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
welcome.

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Welcome!

Stage 1 intake and intercooler, but no tune?

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
Welcome!

Stage 1 intake and intercooler, but no tune?

I was going to pick up a downpipe and go stage 2, but now, I'm thinking that I might see if I can pull the funds together to get just a tune. #becausecollegestudentstatus

On the upside, I did some torque app logging and it seems that I''m putting down ~218hp/~224tq (consistent numbers reported) So I've gotten somewhere with what I've got.

To the more experienced guys here; do these numbers seem conducive to my mods?

wireless

Ready to race!
just a tune will probably satisfy you to be honest. but you'll want more top end ;)

I have only had my car for about 9 months and I'm k04 now :) lol :happyanim:

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
just a tune will probably satisfy you to be honest. but you'll want more top end ;)

I have only had my car for about 9 months and I'm k04 now :) lol :happyanim:

I would love to be K04! But college isn't cheap lol.
I think I've got a pretty decent build list going since I've bought my GTI.

wireless

Ready to race!
Utilizing my degree. Had about 15-20 interviews and 9-10 offers, of which 2-3 were really good and I had to spend some time contemplating.

Then again, I went to a tech school - moved out two weeks after I graduated HS, got a part time job, started school in August of 2010.. got my associates in 2012 lol.

I work in IT.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
Utilizing my degree. Had about 15-20 interviews and 9-10 offers, of which 2-3 were really good and I had to spend some time contemplating.

Then again, I went to a tech school - moved out two weeks after I graduated HS, got a part time job, started school in August of 2010.. got my associates in 2012 lol.

I work in IT.

Sounds like a fairly similar story to mine! Lol. Moved out at 17 been working and going to school off and on since for random things. I'm finally going back to what I felt I always should have. Getting into the medical field.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
His most recent upgrade was going full torque mount insert. It was a upgrade from the RAPPLE half insert lol

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Which he didn't successfully melt...it's a stump ornament now

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
Latest upgrade!

[ insert photo of installed product here ]

It was pretty simple to install, as Double Apex's site shows and works great. Thanks to zwalk for the gifting of an MDI USB plug he has no use for because he has a horrid iPhone.

Last edited: