GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official USA 2011 GTI Changes

boostgti1

On the 2010's, Detroit 18" rims came with an option of either all seasons or summer performance tires... Now for the 11's, Detroit 18" is stock... Does anybody know if these are equipped with all seasons or summer tires?

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
Wrong. Read Post #1 by Bubuski in this thread. Base 2011 GTI includes leather-wrapped steering wheel without the multifunction buttons.

I stand corrected. I read to quick.
My apologies to all that bought a 2010 vs a 2011 based on my erroneous reporting. LOL!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
my detroits came with all-seasons.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
A salesmen told me that the 2011 with nav will have CD but no DVD capability (no DVD reader) and the nav software upgrades will be done via usb input. As mentioned earlier in this thread the CC model will still have the RNS510, like the 2010 GTI and nav upgrades will be via disc.

alchemis

still no news yet from my sales person... i ordered a GTI last year... but i specifically requested it to be build on 2011. so far i've waited almost 4 months for the car.
i wonder what kind of changes do they have for 2011.

as of what i know previously, we don't have bluetooth, we don't have DRL, we're equipped with 17 inch denver rims, equipped with standard RCD310 the rest are the same... we don't even have the option of LED rear lamps or Dynaudio.

they are speculating i might have DRL for 2011, not too sure if they come with bluetooth. but LED rear is most likely an upgrade i have to do outside.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Not sure about Malaysia, but I purchased my GTI last month in the US, and they had plenty of January 2011 builds available. Albeit they were priced a bit higher due to exchange rate changes..so they say. My 2011 GTI Autobahn 4 Door came with bluetooth, leather wrapped steering with controls, HID DRL's, Dynaudio, RNS-315, leather seats with power recline only, 18 Detroit's (standard on all models) with Pirelli PZero Neros A/S, no LED taillight option. Hope you get yours soon. GL.

WhiteMK6-11

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got off the phone with my VW dealer and according to the order guide, the base GTI comes with a plastic wheel w/o leather wrapping. To get Xenon's I have to get the sunroof, nav and leather package which I don't want. I want the plaid cloth seats. I'm pretty bummed. Not many 2010's out there either.

Looks like you're in the United States.

To get Xenon's you just have to get the sun/nav package -- leather only comes on the Autobahn package.

The 2011 sun/nav package is going for around ~26,400.