GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To those with the Neuspeed P-Flo, what are your thoughts on it?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I experienced the same thing. I live in L.A., so I'm in stop and go traffic about 75% of my time. The low end was really bad for me. While I did feel a increase in power once I got up to speed at 60+, the low end when driving around town or in traffic is terrible. I took it off after 1 week. I ended up finding a Modshack intake and the car felt much better. Although it was much quieter compare to Neuspeed, I rather have better low end torque than more noise.

The only bright side to it is when I drive in sport mode or manual mode the problem is almost non existant. Torque comes back on. Less noise too.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I'm not sure if I have experienced any performance gains with the P-Flo. I don't think the noises are really that pronounced. I have a downpipe and hear that more and the DSG farts are more addictive. I want to disable to soundaktor(or remove it) to see if that makes a difference. Not as many turbo/intake noises as I thought there would be reading all the reviews.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You guys do realize a lot of open intakes do this... There is a minor loss of torque in the low range for more HP gains in the mid to upper range. Breathing more air has its turn ons and offs.

I for one did not "feel" the torque loss that everyone in this thread seems to feel.
As far as noise goes thats one of the whole designs of open air intakes are to be heard... if you want a quiet intake you need to buy a boxed one like APR or ECS etc.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
One more thing to consider. It appears that most people I talk to who experience the loss of torque is dsg and ones who doesn't experience this are manuals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
1st gear? My loss of torque was taking off from a stop.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
1st gear? My loss of torque was taking off from a stop.

normal Hesitation my dsg does it too. If pulling away slowly it does seem slow and not as smooth but after like a day i got used to it and know how to drive the car to not feel it...

JSwag420

Ready to race!
One more thing to consider. It appears that most people I talk to who experience the loss of torque is dsg and ones who doesn't experience this are manuals.

Yep for sure. In normal drive mode, the car feels even slower then before I put the intake on. In sport/manual mode where the RPMs are always around 3k, it pulls like a mofo.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Just curious if people buy intakes for the GTI because of sound only? I keep hearing claims of HP and TQ increased, but that has been Myth Busted.

I can understand big builds maybe hitting a ceiling of flow but if your running a stock K03 or even a K04 are these really necessary?

Cool factor and Noise Factor aside...

Do they really do anything? Butt dyno does not count. haha

Jeff

TakmaN

Ready to race!
I’ve had mine for so long I forget what it feels like without it. But all in all I love mine and wouldn’t want to ever put the stock air box back on. I also have 6MT and it doesn’t feel groggy or anything at the low end to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I'm not sure if I have experienced any performance gains with the P-Flo. I don't think the noises are really that pronounced. I have a downpipe and hear that more and the DSG farts are more addictive. I want to disable to soundaktor(or remove it) to see if that makes a difference. Not as many turbo/intake noises as I thought there would be reading all the reviews.

Remove your hood insulation. I almost dislike how loud mine is. It sucks like a vacuum at low RPMs and when the car starts to pull in the upper range you can hear the blowoff flutter through the DV even with the windows shut.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Just curious if people buy intakes for the GTI because of sound only? I keep hearing claims of HP and TQ increased, but that has been Myth Busted.

I can understand big builds maybe hitting a ceiling of flow but if your running a stock K03 or even a K04 are these really necessary?

Cool factor and Noise Factor aside...

Do they really do anything? Butt dyno does not count. haha

Jeff

Intake won't do much if you're stock but really benefit a tune. More air for the tuned power gains

brobst

Go Kart Champion
You will notice intake at k04. It makes a difference in air flow rate. And naturally that affects power as you need more air to compress in the turbo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk