GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cloudy spots after polish

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, i have polished my golf with turtle wax renew polish, it worked great for removing the scratches but it left behind cloudy spots. It's very visible in my garage with the artificial light but when i go outside in the sun you can't see it at all. It's not a huge problem but how could i remove it?

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Hi, i have polished my golf with turtle wax renew polish, it worked great for removing the scratches but it left behind cloudy spots. It's very visible in my garage with the artificial light but when i go outside in the sun you can't see it at all. It's not a huge problem but how could i remove it?

Maybe try to keep wiping it off - could be leftover residue

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
No it isn't, even after a wash it didn't go away but you can't really see it that hard, probably after I waxed it again it I'll be gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Polishes with a heavy cut, or abrasiveness will leave a hazy or cloudy finish. You need to do a second step with a finer polish, also known as a finishing polish. I like Meguiars M205, it has a decent amount of cut to remove swirls and it finishes down nicely.

Are you doing this by hand or are you using a machine polisher?