GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

These safe!!!???

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
What are your peoples thoughts on these balljoint spacers, that I got a machine shop to build and weld to the bottom of the balljoint?

I had these made because I had a clearance issue with part of the sway bar smashing on the left LCA .... Even with severely shortened endlinks .... I'm not even lowered much.

Thanks for your helpfull input in advance.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
uhhh what? I work on suspension with these cars all the time and I've never seen the need for anything like this. What suspension are you running and how low? What endlinks? Do you have pics of the sway bar hitting the lca?

To answer your question about are these safe... I personally wouldn't run them but who knows if they are safe.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Ya.... That's the thing .... I couldn't find anybody that had a similar issue.

It awhile ago I finally put the issue down to the front 24mm h&r having to low of a loop on the left side. I figured this because the right side didn't have any clearance issues but the holes for the endlinks still lined up. Went back and forth with h&r and they just stopped replying after awhile. And I was polite and fully explained the issue to them including pictures of paint chipping of the sway bar.

New whiteline sway bar in soon though .... Was to frustrated with h&r to whine at them anymore.

Current suspension is ST XTA lowered to 24.5 ftg from stock 26 ftg

Tried 034 endlinks .... Tried meyle hd (inch shorter than oem) ....

Currently on chopped universal whitlines .... To crappy and weak though .... Lotta noise

I'm only thinking that it might move the shear point farther up the balljoint stud ....

Would drop my LCA back down a bit, which would be a benefit (.)

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i mean... are you willing to put your confidence in those 3 welds above your sense of self preservation? At the same time I do kinda want to see what happens

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Grade ten bolts would be going through those from the top .... The welds are just there to take some of the pressure off the bolts.

Considering are rear LCA's are made out of stamped steel, I really wonder how strong things have to be

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
The LCA's are the Passat aluminum ones .... On for less than a year .... I spent a week installing new spindles and coilovers a few months back.... I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if my LCA was bent .... But definitely I'll check that