GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH VTA Oil Catch Can Installation...

zorq

Ready to race!
Hi, so I tried to install the VTA Catch Can from BSH, half way through the installation, I found out I was missing two screws to mount the bracket onto the car... I believe this is a issue because of the noise pipe deletion on the 2011. I would like to know what type of screws I need, like what kind of thread is it... I would also like to hear BSH respond about this because I'm very unhappy with the purchase... I did not even get any sticker to stick on the catch can and the catch can looks different (worse) from the product shown by BSH...

zorq

Ready to race!
Did you try contacting BSH before posting this?

No, I'll contact P2Spec first than BSH, but I was posting mainly to see if anyone else had this problem. I also was wanting to know what kind of screws I'd be needing so i can install the can... then I just went into a bit of venting because I was really not satisfied =D

sukanas1

Ready to race!
return it.

edit: btw, you will see a "lot" of gunk. or just gasvapors mixed with water from condensation, esp since where you from, im pretty sure it gets cold. in the summer time, people never empty their catch cans.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Hm, that unit shipped from BSH direct too! I'll ring them up on Monday for you and get it resolved. Strange it's missing two bolts!

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
No, I'll contact P2Spec first than BSH, but I was posting mainly to see if anyone else had this problem. I also was wanting to know what kind of screws I'd be needing so i can install the can... then I just went into a bit of venting because I was really not satisfied =D

I can understand your frustration. Keep us posted on how everything works out for you.

kennega

Ready to race!
The bracket replaces the honeycomb-looking thing in front of the washer fluid reservoir. It reuses the stock screws.

zorq

Ready to race!
The bracket replaces the honeycomb-looking thing in front of the washer fluid reservoir. It reuses the stock screws.

Here's the mix up, I'm not sure what's up in US, but in Canada, 2011 models have noise pipe removed, so I think those two screws are removed along with whatever that is suppose to use those two screw holes. So I'm missing two screws to even be able to bolt on the bracket.

kennega

Ready to race!
Interesting, can you take a pic of that area? I'd be interested to see the difference.