GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Look: Integrated Engineering's Golf R IE450T EFR Twin Scroll Turbo Kits

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hey, you guys found the first review video. Yes, he was very excited. That was all filmed within minutes of him picking up his car, he had upgraded from a Stage 1 tuned car. I actually posted that video so I could link to it in our product page for the IE450T kit. We are working hard on all the final design, text, data, and media for the kit release now. I'm very close to pushing the "go live button" at any time now.

I'm not sure what we are doing on the BPY for tune yet, we will most likely have a software file that is lower power output than the Golf R as your factory internals are weaker. For users with built motors we will have a higher output file for use with 100 octane/water meth setups. Your APR HPFP should be just fine, for the higher output file a LPFP solution will also be needed... we have something very different and cool in the works for that.

DSG and LSD will make a very fun GTI for sure!

I am looking for Golf R output and am willing to build up the BPY motor, just want to know if drop-in rods are enough or if I need to go further. Thanks.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
I am looking for Golf R output and am willing to build up the BPY motor, just want to know if drop-in rods are enough or if I need to go further. Thanks.

I would highly recommend rods, pistons, and a valve spring & retainer kit on your BPY. That would cover your bases to max out the kit. These make a lot of power and torque very early on in the RPM band (Making over 400 ft/lbs of torque to the wheels by 3300RPM) and rips it out high into the RPMs. Thats hard on the factory wrist pins, for that reason alone I would do pistons along with the rods. A nice set of Mahles with our h beams would make for a very reliable, strong, and street friendly shortblock.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie

Integrated Engineering is proud to finally announce the availability of our IE450T turbo kit for the MK6 Golf R. We are proud to be first to bring the power of a twin-scroll EFR BorgWarner turbocharger in a complete bolt-on kit to the market. Transform your MK6 Golf R into a 450+bhp monster, without any dramatic increases in spool time, reaching 435 ft-lbs of torque at all four wheels, at a mere 3300rpm! By employing true twin-scroll technology into the cast turbo manifold and pairing it with a state-of-the-art BorgWarner EFR turbocharger, spool time is kept to a minimum, delivering the fastest-spooling big turbo setup to the market.

Dyno Charts
While still remaining within the limits of the factory engine internals on 91 octane, the IE450T kit produces just that- 450bhp. As you can see in the dyno plot below, this kit packs a big punch and does not add on much turbo lag from the factory K04 setup it replaces.

For more advance customers with built shortblocks, a 100 octane file will further release the power of the IE450T turbo kit. With no further modifications this file is capable of over 450 horsepower and 460 ft/lbs torque to all four wheels! (Coming Soon)

Customer Review

The IE450T kit was designed with the enthusiast in mind; the person who wants to increase the power from their car without removing any of the fun from it. It is designed to directly bolt on to the car without any fabrication or frustration. With the IE450T turbo kit, performance has been perfected.

Visit our website for a full list of features, components, pricing, and information!

Shia8j

Go Kart Champion
this kit looks sweet twin scroll will be on the agenda for my turbo upgrade.

anyone on here have this installed yet? Really interested to hear some feedback on the kit in addition to the video you guys shot.

gustkiller

Ready to race!
Some 100-200 kph or 62-125mph times would be great...

Enviado de meu XT1225 usando Tapatalk

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
this kit looks sweet twin scroll will be on the agenda for my turbo upgrade.

anyone on here have this installed yet? Really interested to hear some feedback on the kit in addition to the video you guys shot.

We have shipped quite a few kits now before and after the initial release. The forums are not as populated as they once were, so I hope some of these customers are users here!

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
It has been quite awhile since any updates on the possible delivery of the TSI twin scroll kit does anyone know if it was canceled.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
I agree but the TSI twin scroll project seems to have been ghosted. :(

Who cares?

While I honestly think this is (for a smaller turbo) the nicest kit on the market, who in gods green earth would want one on a regular MK6 gti?

350wtq by 3500rpm? Traction would be little to none. The TSI already has a tendency to surge turbos, and that sharp of a spike on boost onset sure doesn't look like it'll be easy to manage on a TSI. I've told countless people this and so have other seasoned BT guys, but laggier turbos (read linear powerband) are better for traction on FWD cars. Especially heavy ones like ours. You could argue the tune could account for traction problems, but at that point why not just buy a cheaper kit if you don't have the ability to take full advantage of it.

That brings us to the price. A all-in $7k turbo kit on a Golf R is understandable as they hold their value quite well. GTIs however plummet like a rock, and for most mk6 users contemplating a BT kit, that price figure is damn near worth half the price of their car. I've recently seen a few 2013 DE with ~60k miles going for $13-14k.

I'm not saying if they do eventually release it for the FWD market it wouldn't be a wonderful option, but i see this as a great "if I owned an R" setup. All that being said, I do think it's an incredible option for near instantaneous 400+ WHP.

If I had an R, I'd be all over it, price be damned.