GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Here

believeNsteve

Hi all, been using (well viewing) this forum for a few years now and decided to register as I finally have a little bit of spare income to put into my car. I have a 2011 Carbon Steel 2dr GTI w/ DSG. I often drive my father's Tacoma pickup back and forth so have kept the mileage ridiculously low as a result (plus my commute is short), not even quite at 20k yet.

A couple years ago I bought an APR carbonio air intake and at the time was planning on getting it tuned to Stage 1 but a few things came up and I never seemed to be able to scrounge up the money for the tune (plus I wanted to do the red r8 coils at the same time). I took my car today to get tuned in north jersey (not sure what rules are for posting business names yet) and was absolutely THRILLED with the change in power.

The car definitely seems to put you back in the seat a lot more than before and I'm pretty sure the turbo kicks in a lot faster(less lag) as well as maybe a bit sooner in the revs.

It's raining out right now or I would go and snap a few photos, will post some possibly tomorrow evening. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and your GTI's!

Sirbikesalot

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome Steve! I was stage 1 for a long time and finally went apr stage 2 with the high output file and added a GFB+ dv to help with boost. Car feels way stronger up top and no misfires at high rpms's like some have reported. Do it!

zrickety

The Fixer
Welcome. You can post names, we like the feedback. Bring the pics and get ready for more mods!

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the dark side (when tuned)! And sharing the same color too :thumbsup:

believeNsteve

As promised here are a few photos of my car... I just gave it a quick wash after getting home from work, normally I would dry it (hate water spots) but its about to rain for 3 days straight so gonna skip that. Nothing fancy, everything stock except the ignition coils/intake/ecu tune. I am possibly interested in getting tints but definitely a bit hesitant as NJ is strict about it. Maybe I'll just go with some really light ones.

I also plan on replacing those amber side markers with the clear lenses, those are hideous imo. Glad to be a part of the site!

Edit: That blue strap under the hood is a tie-down for my kayak which I put on a Thule rack (aero bars). I kayak fish and will have the roof rack up one of these days. Maybe I'll throw a picture up with that on as well.

Last edited:

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
since your car is low mileage and not really dealer maintained id bet good money your car has a water pump campaign, plug your vin into the vw website to see

believeNsteve

Had me worried there for a second, I checked my VIN and it said there was no recalls for my car. Thanks for the heads up!

kramsdell

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome!

believeNsteve

Armor all cleaning wipes are awesome. That and a pair of long tweezers and I can get to most every little crevice in there (at least the ones anybody can see! :D)

Edit: here is what the rack looks like, it isn't on yet this year, been too busy at work to get out fishing or it would be!

Last edited: