GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ricer Spotted Thread

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
lol jack, its because it actually looks way better then any other civic you will see. It actually doesnt have paint peeling

very true :laugh: pretty much every day I'll see about 100 of these on the road.... oh arizona

biggee72

Go Kart Champion

Saw this in Mexico back in 2009..

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Sure is..ive seen it on the net before. When i saw it in mexico i thought i was going to piss my pants.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
saw these videos somewhere lol couldnt stop laughing

and this............. is just....................WHAT?

LOL at the Ricercharged 350Z....

and that pic hahahahahaha yeah, go to Japan and they are every where lol

ali1

Ready to race!
lol im sick in bed, but even that video off the 350z made my day !!

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
I'm still hard pressed to believe he's running a BT kit. The woosh sound is apparently some shitty fabbed up blow off valve, or the Forge spacer, but I've heard a GT30 kit, and his car definitely didn't sound like that.

Case in point, I still see a stock noise pipe
I don't see any sort of DV relocation
He's also running a Pflo intake here, and if he has a GT30, the 2" piping for that intake isn't going to do much. Proven to be a pretty cheapo weak intake anyway. Why would he cheap out when it comes to the part that feeds his expensive BT kit?

I could be wrong, but until I see logs, time slips, receipts, boost readings, something... I refuse to believe that shit. Also, hoodscoop leads no where. See my post in the "Ugly GTI thread"

thats a very old picture btw...he used to have a k04 then swapped to a gt30

i have seen him dyno...420whp :thumbsup:...do i like the scoop, hell no. he is a very nice guy though

here is a eurotuner documentation of the old k04 dyno
http://www.eurotuner.com/eventcoverage/eurp_1007_new_german_performance/photo_05.html

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
That 350z is exactly what the definition of "Rice" is. I do hate when people associate JDM with Rice though.

JDM back in the day was getting all the hard to get stuff that wasn't available in the US just like how on our GTi we try to get R parts and what not.

JDM was getting a kit made by tuners in Japan, majority of which were on their tuner and track cars. Mugen, Top Fuel, RE Amemiya, Knightsports, Nismo all were sought after back in the day. We would pay a premium to get that stuff and now the knock off market has ruined it. It also wasn't about the money. It was a pain just to source and get through customs.

Its such a misrepresentation of what JDM used to be. So much BS and crap parts. In my younger years my old "Crew" we had Rx-7, Supras, R32/33/34 (yes all right hand drive), Civics and NSX. Nothing was slower than a 12s 1/4. That is what a good JDM crew was about. Good quality parts out of Japan. Good quality performance. It kinda sucks what has happened to that (Japan import car) industry now.