GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Turn Signal Clicking" while pressing throttle

mrghost

Passed Driver's Ed
What's happening is every time the RPM needle passes 1000, a "clicking" sound comes from the area near the head light switch. It sounds similar to a turn signal. This has happened only two times in the last year or so. This time it started while stuck in stop and go traffic. It did not go away until I restarted the car. I have REVO stage 1+ and no other mods of any sort. I am of course worried about electrical gremlins as my old mk3 golf was a nightmare. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Here's a video of the issue:

http://youtu.be/roOIeezfXtY

rick1080

i also had this issue today. i have unitronic stage 2 , one thing is for sure i never noticed this before my tune. has anyone eles had this happen to them?

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
Yeah if you notice it happens when it's really hot...There is a relay box under the dash and there is a vortex thread that says it's relay #449.

Definitely heat related...doesn't bother me too much personally except in stop and go traffic, but I am not super-sensitive to car noise.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
It's not an issue.

When you'r coolant temp is a bit high (around 100c+) that relay ticks whenever you pass the 1k rpm point.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
I have never heard of this nor had this issue before...

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I think theres a TSB to fix it... I never got it done and its too late now...but after 93k miles it hasnt hurt anything.

smokey24

Ready to race!
My car has 25,000 miles on it and it does it. 1st time it did it was on a road trip from oregon to san diego. Haooened riggt at the border when we stopped. And then click click when I stepped on the gas.

shortydh

Ready to race!
Also happens to me I always thought it was my awe boost gauge lol

FeX141

Ok thanks guys. I guess it doesn't do anything. It only happened to me once while in traffic without ac on.
At first I thought it was the switch turning the second rad fan on.

chc29

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what the relay is doing yet? this is so annoying and it doesn't help that it usually happens right around the times where I would be heat-soaked and stuck in stop and go traffic. Taking off from a stop blipping around 1k and it's just constant tick tick tick tick tick...