GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leasing questions

Candy11

Ready to race!
Hi, I would like some advice from you guys. My wife is getting ready to sell her 2005 rav4 privately. Its paid for and she is considering leasing a new passat. This thread really isnt about if she is a good candiate for leasing because she is (drives under 1k a month, lives 2 miles from work, has a steady job blah blah). We have been offered 0 down, 0 due at signing, 0 first months payment, and 239 a month for 42 months. My real question for you guys is can I do better?(money wise not car wise) From what I read about this deal is that its a 2013 Passat S with appearance package, and we would have to cover the tax and title fees. Any experience would be a help, thanks!

sikhgti

Passed Driver's Ed
lease answer

I just leased a 2013 cc during vdubs sign and drive event. A much better car than the passat. In my opinion.
Here is what I did. I offered the dealer 1000 bucks off invoice. The msrp for the car was 32k, I got it for 28500. The residual on the car is 16k after 3.5yrs. Always haggle on the price, never pay msrp, go with invoice. Another option for you is costco price. The sign and drive event is really good, I just had to pay 600 buck drive off. VW pays for gap.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
That is a phenomenal deal in my opinion.. Nothing down and under 3 a month ... Do it

3ics

Ready to race!
All looks good, but here are few questions:
What is the final price of the car?
Is the 239 including tax?
How many miles for the contract?

Candy11

Ready to race!
Msrp is like 23,740. The residual is 12,900. I agree the cc is a better car but for another 5 grand? I am not sure about that. It's the wife's car she can drive whatever she likes;) Oh and it's 42 months 42000miles.

Candy11

Ready to race!
Sorry I didn't answer all your questions. The lease payments total 9700. The residual is 12,900 and the dealer covers the difference which is like 1800. We cover the taxes and tags. Can you roll the tax into the lease payments (600 bucks)? And correct me if I am wrong but we only pay tax on the lease total not the residual right?