GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can dealers add an option after the car order has been placed?

woodman

Two weeks ago I ordered a 2010 GTI. I live in the USA and due to my option requests it was a factory order which I was told would take 3-4 months. I called the dealer today and asked if I could add the Xenon headlights to the already ordered vehicle, thinking if it takes 3-4 months that it would not be a problem. I was told that it was not possible because it was too far along in the ordering process at this time. My question is, is that correct or are they just avoiding having to update my order? Appreciate any advice/info that you could provide me. :)

Last edited:

vitaminC

Passed Driver's Ed
I am debating on the HID also, but I haven't ordered the car yet. how much to add the HID to the car you've ordered?

TEMPA

My understanding is you can add or remove options up until the car has moved to "scheduled" status. Once it is at "scheduled" it will have a build week allocated and no further changes can be made.

That is the situation with Australian ordered cars anyway...

Hope that helps.

woodman

That is what happened or so I was told. Dealer said that they pushed mine up on the scheduled list to get it to me quicker. Even gave me an ETA that was an earlier date than I expected. So Halo lights it is! We'll see if it gets here faster? :iono:

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Where in the US are you from? I'm from NJ and when I ordered my GTI with transit time from Wolfsburg to the dealer was about 2 1/2 months.