GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
wow a whole 8 other intakes in your various cars? Is that a lot? Multiply that by at least 10 for me. And MK5 has no weight in this forum at all regarding intake discussion, it was completely different. Did I mention I had 3 MK5 GTI's also?

I will call you anything i want, however, I only do that to the people i dislike the most. You are approaching burtomr's level pretty soon. You are the exception, and the pm's for intake or downpipe advice i answer on a daily basis satisfy the weight of my opinion on this forum.

My dad can beat up your dad AND my penis is bigger than yours. You have no say on intakes.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Oh yes, I forgot how priceless your information is:

its Re-donk-ulous...

so killer. i swear no intake i have ever tried on a GTI has given this much seat of pants. As stupid as it sounds, i was giddy with excitement on a simple Starbucks run. The power gains override my pickiness of looks in this case, the gains are just too huge. it also adds some sweet tone, just slight, but a nice improvement.

I might take it off for a few days while i gather all the parts i need to improve it a bit. I dont like the way the silicone fits right now. So I'll order a footlong 3" silicone to cut to fit. ($40 unfortunately..) Then i might try a slightly thinner support bracket so its easier to bend into a perfect angle. Then i do want to replace the 4 intake bolts as well as the mount bolt to something nicer. Maybe allen heads in black if i can find them. I also want to get more hose clamps, because these Spectre ones just seem cheaper than the Home Depot ones. They twisted a bit during tightening. oh and i need a mini CBFA filter, hopefully a local auto parts has the standard 1" size. Oh and I will be painting the Apexi flange and bracket black also.

I would have never imagined a simple intake like this could be so pleasing.

Need tips on painting that aluminum stock with spray paint. last time i tried it was a disaster. the paint just doesnt stick, runs, and shows every little nick in the metal. sanding it makes it worse, and the roughness shows through even more.

ROFL ya.. ricier to me are the guys who use two silicones, 4 clamps, and a big metal elbow..

cleanest intake i have ever had.
simplist intake i have ever had.
most powerful intake i have ever felt.

/thread

Well i been testing this so much im getting dizzy... back and forth every day or two.. really zoning in to the differences.

in power.. i don't feel a huge difference. of course there is some difference, but its not as big as it seemed. I hypothesize 5 actual wheel hp. and if you have to ask, yes I can feel a 5whp difference. The response is what you are really gaining with a mod like this, but it isn't all roses across the bandwidth. I gain response with this intake everywhere EXCEPT from a stop. I have reproduced this countless times. Once you are rolling, as long as you keep the rpm's up above 3500rpm, the intake works well. But from a dead stop, it has a second delay (in power building, but not launch) in response over the stock intake box.

I can really feel a degradation in power on this mild 60F day. Warm air intake. It is fantastic at 4:30AM when i drive to work, when its about 45-50F. It feels so strong I can barely keep the tires in traction. But as soon as it warms up I do feel a drop in performance.

One of the most important things in my modding rules, is keeping the feel as stock as possible. (Mostly meaning the pedal "feel" and "tightness" and "tip-in" as people say.) The stock intake box provides a tighter pedal for sure, and quicker launch from a dead stop. It also shows me stronger torque between 1500-2500rpms. Right after that is when an aftermarket intake could come into play.

The other thing I dislike about any intake is that damn SAI injection at startup. I read the SAI delete thread and I have no intention of massacre-ing my car like that. All part of my "change your car from stock behavior as little as possible while gaining the most modification gains" philosophy. The downpipe sort of goes against that rule, but it is such a slight noise with such nice gains, I bend the rule on that one.

I won't sell this Apexi, I have way too much invested in it. Its a real nice complete kit, and occassionally when I want something different I can install it for a weekend or something. I do still have that pflo kit in storage too, but I have no reason to install it.

Actually, you did say one good thing, and it's true:
anyone that takes my word as god is pretty dumb. everyones opinions will be different. i just share miine.

The thing is, that the more you choose to recycle more and more crap, and retest intakes and downpipes, the more people are lacking respect for you. The number of forum members who are laughing at your reviews is growing, because you test something out and, at first, it's the best thing in the world, then it sucks. You write your reviews so arrogantly, it gets old. Haven't you noticed the number of people that are challenging you is growing? Your having over 80 intakes is the best part. You just proved how ridiculous that is. A little sound difference, a little power difference (maybe). Was it worth going through 80 intakes? I hope you didn't post a review for every intake you tried, your just filling the internet with useless crap. It's very simple with an intake. And you also proved my idea right, because I said people with mk5's can relate to the sound of the pflo because a lot of these members had a mk5 and a pflo. A lot of us know how that sounded, and therefore can use that as gauge. So thanks...

P

plac

The 'ignore' feature is a beautiful thing for just such occassions. Feel free to utilize it.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Well, another thread that has devolved into a pissing contest.

/closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.