GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

License Plate Holes

flyboy34

Passed Driver's Ed
Any suggestions on patching license plate holes in the front bumper of my R?

And where can u get the bracket that mounts into the tow hole for mounting of a front plate?

08CW R32

Ready to race!
Bumperplugs works.....but telling the dealer not to drill the bumper is the 1st choice. I told my dealer get me a car without bumper holes or no deal.......had bumperplugs on my 911 TT since it was used and it works well....

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
Bumperplugs works.....but telling the dealer not to drill the bumper is the 1st choice. I told my dealer get me a car without bumper holes or no deal.......had bumperplugs on my 911 TT since it was used and it works well....

Same here. No holes or no deal.

Best indeed.

SworksR20

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone at my dealership PDI'd the car before I could get to it, and the idiot drilled 4 holes into my front bumper!!!!!!!! Bumper plugs would just look dumb since it would be 4 dots on the front, and they aren't even symmetrical since he must have been drunk or high or something and drilled them crooked. ugghhghhghg

joenuke1

Someone at my dealership PDI'd the car before I could get to it, and the idiot drilled 4 holes into my front bumper!!!!!!!! Bumper plugs would just look dumb since it would be 4 dots on the front, and they aren't even symmetrical since he must have been drunk or high or something and drilled them crooked. ugghhghhghg

I made the dealer replace the bumper after they drilled it against my instructions. Took 2 weeks to get one and I had to get nasty with VWoA and the stealership. I installed this:

www.usmillworks.com

It is very good quality.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
don't do the tow-hook thing, Bill....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Because it looks really really really bad........:thumbdown:

this^

Why not? Please enlighten me.

Because in an attempt to not draw attention away from your car or have a license plate on the front of it, you would then put it off to the side of the car, which actually brings MORE attention to it and is not symmetrical in appearance.

I think it looks a lot worse than just putting it where its supposed to go. I say either don't rock one, rock one right, or buy the fancy hiding ones that come from underneath the car, otherwise all I think when I see a nice car like a GTI with that is its hella "rice".

becausenotporsche

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Go to Lowes, automotive section, look for Hillman plugs. They comes in different sizes. Get the smallest one. Buy a can of paint and spray over the plugs. Once they're dry, pop them in.

As for the tow hook, you can get it at gominigo.com or rhoplate.com.

You can also get the swift hideaway plate but you risk scraping it off if you're low.

copizza

Ready to race!
this^

Because in an attempt to not draw attention away from your car or have a license plate on the front of it, you would then put it off to the side of the car, which actually brings MORE attention to it and is not symmetrical in appearance.

I think it looks a lot worse than just putting it where its supposed to go. I say either don't rock one, rock one right, or buy the fancy hiding ones that come from underneath the car, otherwise all I think when I see a nice car like a GTI with that is its hella "rice".

becausenotporsche

Couldnt have said it better.....:clap:

As earlier post... swiftmotorsports.com

I got the non motorized one for $60.00. It is being installed tomorrow. Will post some pics. (Not hijacking your thread)

Last edited:

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
One thing about the swift plate is they hang a little lower so there's a chance you'll scrape it off. Another thing is they do stick out a little so you see the bracket.