GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My black 2dr 2010 GTI (8/1/10)

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
It's a little dirty and I need to scrub the floor mats that I borrowed from my 08 GTI. Just got tint done today and will put my black/gold U.S. Army FL plate on tomorrow to replace the gawd awful green FL plate and dealer bracket. APR stage I coming up next. I got $3,050 off of MSRP.
These pics were on the Courtney Campbell Causeway on the way to Clearwater Beach.

may i ask what is on ur wheel well lips?

looks nice! get rid of the orange sidemarker and make it colormatch, it makes the car look so smooth!

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
may i ask what is on ur wheel well lips?

looks nice! get rid of the orange sidemarker and make it colormatch, it makes the car look so smooth!

I noticed those wheel lips today and thought they were stock. Wow. They are on that good and look totally factory. My dealer must have put them on because I had them take off some molding strips that we're on the door jam area to prevent chipping.

As for color matching the side marker, I didn't know that was possible. Does the light still work I assume?

I noticed those wheel lips today and thought they were stock. Wow. They are on that good and look totally factory. My dealer must have put them on because I had them take off some molding strips that we're on the door jam area to prevent chipping.

As for color matching the side marker, I didn't know that was possible. Does the light still work I assume?

yea i saw that and was like wtf is that, but its up to you if u want to keep there or not. i just think when u wash the car it may collect dirt up behind it.

and for the sidemarkers, if you colormatch it the light may shine alittle thru, but since u have black you could also use lamin-x to tint it and the light will work better if you care about that sidemarker that much.

Jimd0313

Ready to race!
Looks great! I just got my tint done today also, makes a huge difference.

and I agree, tint the side markers. The orange doesn't match anything else on the car.

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
your right about the wheel lip moldings. They aren't fully on there so i'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have them take them off. Thanks for the input.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion

Sweet ride man, that tint looks so good on a black GTI.:thumbsup:

THX-1138

Passed Driver's Ed
20% Johnson tint all around

Nice ride! Looks almost like mine except for the 2 DR and sunroof. Just need my HO Ceramic 40 tint and I am ready! Enjoy your ride in good company and health. :w00t:

Attachments

• OLD AND NEW.jpg
    OLD AND NEW.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 4,710

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
Personally I hate the look of the tinted windows on a black MK6. On the white ones it looks superb, even on the CSG's but on the black ones the tint just takes away all the design curves and looks like an egg.

I thought of that too and that's why I didn't go darker (15). I live in Florida so i don't really have a choice but to have tint. Sun is so darn bright all year round plus the obvious heat in the summer. And don't call my car an egg! LOL

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
i went ahead and took the wheel lip moldings off. Looks much cleaner now.