GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What else do you wrench on?

Pre95

Passed Driver's Ed
Whenever I am on model specific forums, I always catch a glimpse of what other projects people have looming in the background. So.. what else do you wrench on?

My wallet destroying 83 turbo quattro coupe (ur-quattro):

1,9bar + ecu mod, 3" 2b cat back, 996 321mm front brakes, 17x8 FF10's, coilovers & tubular CA's on deck and engine shopping..

The overbuilt 'shop truck':

383 stroked, tube headers, ridetech stage 2+ coilovers, sways, tubular CA's, EFI coming, possible Driftamino build if the wife will bite...

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
1986 Nissan 300zx turbo only other car I've ever wrenched on. Besides helping friends learn how to do an oil change on their random cars.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edit: Fuck Nissan btw nothing is easy in any of their cars from my experience.
Edit 2: picture is not mine but same color and model.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
2013 Scion FR-S. My track car. 328mm 6p Wilwood BBK, RCE T2 coilovers, Apex ARC8 17x9, Hankook RS3, full exhaust, tune, Perrin oil cooler, etc.

Thank God it's easy to work on since I'm basically a monkey with a wrench.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Besides my Golf and wife's Tiguan, I still wrench on my vintage Porsche 944, BMW E39 540 Sport Wagon and Porsche 996.

Wife's Honda Accord is leased and super reliable, so the Dealer does the deed.

Last edited:

Laimface

Ready to race!
My e46 323i drift / track beast! It's been completely stripped out, mapped for a higher rev limit and a closer 3.46 final drive (up from 3.07) so it pulls like a train!

Suspension wise it has HSD monopro coilovers and a proper alignment. Handles great on the Goodyear Eagle F1s!

Here it is bog stock, HMS BoatyMce46Face

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
This is a great thread. Def dig the idea :w00t:

GTI is my only car at the moment(and it's great at almost everything), but I also wrench on my bike.

2004 ZX6-R: -1 tooth up front, 520 chain kit, PCIII tune, GP quickshifter, split stainless brake lines

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Not that I have to wrench on them though. They're brand new boats. One of the perks of owning a boat dealership (or being the son of the owner lol).

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

Not that I have to wrench on them though. They're brand new boats. One of the perks of owning a boat dealership (or being the son of the owner lol).
Hey wanna be friends?
What perks do friends get?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
other people's cars as well as my daily driver ('97 Honda Del Sol).

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I had a b18 (integra LS) with SIR head for the vtech on a 93 civic hatch years ago..didnt really wrench on it but was a great helper to my buddy who fixed it up for me. Sadly the car was stolen.

zthang

Passed Driver's Ed
Just finished converting an old 2006 Kawasaki Ninja into a Cafe racer. Who would've thought that the vinyl wrap job would be the hardest part of wrenching :mad0259:.

Cafe BeforeAfter.jpg
caferacer2k2.jpg

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That's pretty cool actually.