GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI BOSER?!?!?

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Alright so I've decided that 2019 the gti will not be attending any shows so I can focus on ripping the car apart and doing all of the work I can being exterior, interior, and drivetrain.
That being said I came across this maxton r400 kit and I'd like your feedback on it since I'm debating on running it. Full kit comes with bumpers, diffusers, skirts and skirt extensions.
I would shave the sidemarkers, washer boxes, etc and I'd also smooth the front bumper flare pieces where they meet the bumper so they don't look like they've been taped to the bumper and I'd also open the rear vent on the rear bumper a little more and also smooth the rear flare piece. Make any sense? That's my only issue is that the huge flared vents look like they're not really on the bumper. I believe the kit is also made out of fiberglass so that sucks as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Alright so I've decided that 2019 the gti will not be attending any shows so I can focus on ripping the car apart and doing all of the work I can being exterior, interior, and drivetrain.
That being said I came across this maxton r400 kit and I'd like your feedback on it since I'm debating on running it. Full kit comes with bumpers, diffusers, skirts and skirt extensions.
I would shave the sidemarkers, washer boxes, etc and I'd also smooth the front bumper flare pieces where they meet the bumper so they don't look like they've been taped to the bumper and I'd also open the rear vent on the rear bumper a little more and also smooth the rear flare piece. Make any sense? That's my only issue is that the huge flared vents look like they're not really on the bumper. I believe the kit is also made out of fiberglass so that sucks as well

i been waiting for someone to buy this kit. I always wanted it but never had the funds for it was always buying other car parts. I just wish the bumpers were abs and not fiberglass.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
i been waiting for someone to buy this kit. I always wanted it but never had the funds for it was always buying other car parts. I just wish the bumpers were abs and not fiberglass.
Agreed. I'll be using my current fenders as molds to remake out of carbon so if I get good enough I might do the same with the bumpers after I'm done modifying them

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Chicks love bbw.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Woods done! I'll just need to paint the edges after sanding em and then I can do the management. It will be two piece with the smaller piece screwed into the 2x4s that are going into the hatch and the bigger piece will be removable. We cut the 3rd strip in half at a 45 degree angle so it can slide into each other

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
New flooring is done! Sanded and painted all the sides black. Second pic shows it slightly apart. I'll be mounting the smaller piece into the car with the tank/management/hardlines and the bigger piece will be able to slot into it so I can get to the air ride stuff under it. Third shows my old distressed cork flooring that I had in there for a couple years.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What front lip/splitter are you running? I like how subtle it is, cant seem to find it anywhere though.