GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car won't start... Loud clicking :/

speedster

Go Kart Champion
I would consider a pos car a rite of passage for the average male American. I would assume most of the American population live outside a population center that has affordable mass transit. Even living in larger cities such as Atlanta I never found that living with in walking or biking distance to my job offset the cost of living in the city. I did grow up in a rural community where driving was mandatory so I do have that experience. But hey not everybody has the same lifestyle or experiences, if you didn't get around to owning your car in till later on then that's just the way the chips fell.

There are however some basic understanding and troubleshooting skills that are needed to efficiently work a motor vehicle. Now I'm not saying that you are this way at all just in general I feel that you should know more than just the basics of any tool that you use. But it looks like most Americans feel that a car is just that a tool to get from A to B. If I'm not mistaken there's even a troubleshooting guide in the back of the manual but I would have to look and verify that the symptoms that were posted in the original post were listed. That doesn't mean you should be able to overhaul your own engine rebuild a transmission. It does mean however that if you're stranded somewhere because of a dead battery you don't have to call a tow truck and take it to the dealer to have the battery charged that's just an example I'm not talking about anybody in this thread.

If you're Canadian then I apologize one because you're Canadian and two because you're not American.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haha. I'm Australian. Glad not to be American. Nothing against America but its really a different culture. For example the arrogance you display and the insecurity that lies beneath it. Anyway, that's a whole different conversation.

When my battery died after the car running hot for a few days (and having gone k04 only a week prior), I freaked out. So I can empathize with the guy who's battery died (again another quality that seems to be missing in the US).

speedster

Go Kart Champion

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Haha. I'm Australian. Glad not to be American. Nothing against America but its really a different culture. For example the arrogance you display and the insecurity that lies beneath it. Anyway, that's a whole different conversation.

When my battery died after the car running hot for a few days (and having gone k04 only a week prior), I freaked out. So I can empathize with the guy who's battery died (again another quality that seems to be missing in the US).

Murica yeah ;)

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Keep in mind, the battery needs to a high enough amperage to turn the car over. More important than voltage, is amperage. As the battery discharges, available amperage drops dramatically. If the battery has a dead cell(s) it will be below the required amperage. Suffice to say, other electronics that don't require that much voltage will function ok, but the car will not start. Average battery supplies 12.5 volts and 9.4amps are required to turn the car over. Battery is comprised of 6 2-volt cells. If one fails, the output will take a severe hit.

+1

I learned about this in college!

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Murica yeah ;)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
lol, reminds me of this old grandpa yesterday..in one of those scooters..front basket had two 24 cases of natural ice beer . i stopped and did a double take, i wanna party with that guy.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
LOL trashing Canadians? Really buddy, I was on board with your rant before it took a detour down retard lane.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
I usually dont. I only understand American humor

Americans don't usually get satire. It goes straight over their heads.

Generalizations are based on cultural norms that do exist. The proof is in the pudding as they say, homeless vets, people dying of curable diseases because they're poor, the dog eat dog mentality and lack of compassion for less fortunate people (because they're 'lazy bums') and an assumption of America superiority without ever having traveled outside of North America.

All of these attitudes are pretty clear in Jerome's posts.