GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb and Canadian gas

schulmann

Passed Driver's Ed
I had several supercharged cars and never had a single issue with 94 oct at Petro Canada, their 94oct top quality no matter where you fill up.

91 oct at Ultramar is very good too.

Shell sell poor quality fuel in Canada, forget it.

So I was just wondering why some say that 94 oct is poor quality in Canada, in my 10 years supercharged experience, I never had a single ping with that fuel.

Mikeshoie

I switched to the 93 low boost OTS to see if it was any better than the 91 high boost but timing was being pulled all over the place.

The Great NY

Passed Driver's Ed
still have knock correction almost across the board except for one cylinder. how old are your plugs?

also running in the 13s for AFR under boost. far leaner than I would like.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mikeshoie

still have knock correction almost across the board except for one cylinder. how old are your plugs?

also running in the 13s for AFR under boost. far leaner than I would like.

Plugs have 55,000 kms and are getting swapped out as soon as I find the time. I noticed the AFR too and wondered why this was happening. I have the injen short ram intake. It should flow better than the stock set-up, no?

wolfs burg

Im getting the same issues as you with the COBB 94 tune. Did the new plugs and coils help? Has Cobb got back to you with any solutions?

Also Canadian Petro94 still has ethanol in it... Shell has 0 ethanol

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
here...send me a log with options 1 and 2. email is: twistedtuned@gmail.com

Datalogs: on flat level ground. preferably straight with no turns I need a few things.

1. in second gear starting at about 2000rpms, accelerate linearly and moderately. not full throttle but like accelerating (semi-aggressively) from a stop light up to about 5500rpms or until the MAF Flow crests 100g/s

2. one 3rd gear pull and one 4th gear pull starting from 2800-3000rpms up to about redline (separate pulls)

3. one 3rd gear shifting into 4th and holding WOT in 4th gear for about 3 to 4 seconds (so I can check post shift timing recovery) can start this pull from like 3300rpms or so

4. just a normal drive for about 30 seconds getting up to speed from a stop then cruising.

PARAMETERS:

Accelerator Pedal Position
AFR
AFR Commanded
Boost Pressure
Camshaft Overlap Angle
Coolant Temp
ETC Angle Actual
Fuel Quality
Gear Current
IAT
Ignition Timing (Final)
Knock Retard Cyl.1-4
Load Actual
Load Request
Long Term Fuel Trim
MAF (airflow g/s)
Rail Pressure
RPM
Target Boost Pressure (not the max or filtered one)
Torque Actual
Tumble Flap Position
WGDC

Let me know if you have any issues.

Justin

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
Plugs have 55,000 kms and are getting swapped out as soon as I find the time. I noticed the AFR too and wondered why this was happening. I have the injen short ram intake. It should flow better than the stock set-up, no?
that's just the AFR Cobb is targeting.

Mikeshoie

Im getting the same issues as you with the COBB 94 tune. Did the new plugs and coils help? Has Cobb got back to you with any solutions?

Also Canadian Petro94 still has ethanol in it... Shell has 0 ethanol

The plugs and coils did not help. Still pulling -3 in all cylinders, WOT, 94 oct. gas using the 93 OTS. Cobb suggested it may be bad gas or I'm in need of a carbon cleaning.