GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best way to find deals on a Stage 1 tune?

Mustang

Passed Driver's Ed
Regretably, I cannot frequent this (or any) forum very frequently, so I apologize in advance for what may be a noob question still :yikes: . I know tunes go "on sale" with some level of frequency. What is the best way to find (or be alerted of) deals from APC, COBB, etc aside from simply waiting until Black Friday or Christmas? I'm just looking for a Stage 1 tune...but of course would like to save money if possible.

Thanks! :thumbup:

nickp1

Ready to race!
There is usually a spring sale for both APR and UNI but not sure if either still has those...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
There was a sale at the SoWo Euroexperience this past weekend on both Uni and APR, but you had to be there at the show

Their usual annual sales seem to be no more though

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Most places no longer do software(tune) sales. They tend to just do "sales" on hardware or offer discounts towards the add ons for the software. Like APR "discounted" all the extras so you just pay $150 on top of the tune and its fully loaded where before each option was like $50-$99 each

That being said the best bang for the buck in my opinion is COBB right now. $650 and it comes with stage 1(high and low boost maps), stage 1+, stage 2. With the ability to get custom tunes and access to all future maps cobb makes as well.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
If you want the best bang for the buck go with a COBB access port. $650 for all the maps like he said^, and if you want to sell your car you can recoup most of your money by selling the access port as well.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
GIAC just had a sale (I don't know if it's still on) that was $495 for a Stage 1 tune. Otherwise Revo does a sale around Thanksgiving, or you could see what deals come up for Waterfest in a month or two.

That being said, the Cobb AP is a pretty solid deal overall. I just bought one myself.

nickp1

Ready to race!
Most places no longer do software(tune) sales. They tend to just do "sales" on hardware or offer discounts towards the add ons for the software. Like APR "discounted" all the extras so you just pay $150 on top of the tune and its fully loaded where before each option was like $50-$99 each

That being said the best bang for the buck in my opinion is COBB right now. $650 and it comes with stage 1(high and low boost maps), stage 1+, stage 2. With the ability to get custom tunes and access to all future maps cobb makes as well.

What about Eurodyne?

Mustang

Passed Driver's Ed
U-20T, I'm in southwestern CT - FFLD/NH county border. Sounds like COBB might be the best bet for me, if I can resell upon getting rid of the car.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
U-20T, I'm in southwestern CT - FFLD/NH county border. Sounds like COBB might be the best bet for me, if I can resell upon getting rid of the car.

Little word of the wise.. If you do go that route (which I recommend) buy it from a vendor like Stratified since they give you a pretty massive deal for buying the AP from them and you get custom tuning and support for $50 bucks extra.

(http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index...ducts_id=564&zenid=gmvhj1on5696p701e2b9rkbqt3)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
What about Eurodyne?
Eurodyne is $150 more. Their support is kinda iffy at best.
Should expect that when its only 2-3 people for the entire company.

Eurodyne was nice with offering all the tunes but Cobb offers the same if not more and they have ridiculously better support.
Plus from a custom tune stand point Euordyne has flaws.. not a lot of maps are open for interpretation.. etc Cobb seems to be have more maps and parameters available for tuning but cant be for sure yet.

So i stand by my choice as Cobb being the best bang for the buck.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion

Not true, APR just had a sale on tsi ecu and tcu software a month ago when they released updates that save $70 I believe.

The main difference is they dont just do a company wide sale around certain events or seasons. Now they break up, that was the tsi last month, before that was mqb in february and so forth.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Not true, APR just had a sale on tsi ecu and tcu software a month ago when they released updates that save $70 I believe.

The main difference is they dont just do a company wide sale around certain events or seasons. Now they break up, that was the tsi last month, before that was mqb in february and so forth.

I guess. All i know is there sale is not as good as it used to be. Where it was like $50-100 off for single map tune or if you paid full price you got a fully loaded tune. That was the only sales that i remember.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I guess. All i know is there sale is not as good as it used to be. Where it was like $50-100 off for single map tune or if you paid full price you got a fully loaded tune. That was the only sales that i remember.

It used to be a loaded tune for the regular price. problem was most people werent worried about multiple programs as alot just never changed out of 91 or 93.

Now it works out better for most that just want a tune for cheaper. They also typically run it where if you already have a single program for the price of the second ($149) you get pretty much everything else included.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It used to be a loaded tune for the regular price. problem was most people werent worried about multiple programs as alot just never changed out of 91 or 93.

Now it works out better for most that just want a tune for cheaper. They also typically run it where if you already have a single program for the price of the second ($149) you get pretty much everything else included.

Well then.