GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Tune has been flashed!

Makillaz

So I finally broke down and got my car flashed with the United Motorsports ECU tune. First impression was that I should have done that the day I bought the car! What an upgrade! The main reason I wanted the tune was for the promise of getting rid of that awful rev-hang. Well the rev-hang is long gone. Shifting is much smoother and those backfires are pretty cool too. Next improvement is the rev limiter. Stock is 6200rpm and now its 7500rpm! That increase in the revs allows second gear to go over 70mph. Not gonna lie, I was hesitant to bring it that high the first couple times. And the last improvement is the decent increase in power. UM claims +25hp and +12lb-ft. I haven't bothered with a dyno yet but there is DEFINITELY an increase in low end power. Now I just need to invest in a stage 1 clutch/lightweight flywheel to improve the overall responsiveness of the N/A MK6s. For those interested or hesitant to get the tune, JUST DO IT! The best money I've spent on my Golf yet. Also the tune cost $350 plus shop labor rate 1hr @ 140/hr plus tax. So my tune was just under $530 USD.

Stay Golfing

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Welcome to the forum!

Nice Pic of your car, I love Cali !

Thanks for posting, how about a dyno pull, it would answer a lot of questions.

madbikes

Ready to race!

Makillaz

Welcome to the forum!

Nice Pic of your car, I love Cali !

Thanks for posting, how about a dyno pull, it would answer a lot of questions.

Thanks! And eventually I will get dyno results but I that wont be until I get other mods done.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forums, I have a UM tune too and for the improvement in driveability it totally worth the price ;)

As for the "back fire" sound, if you worry about the damage it could cause, it won't hurt your engine, I worried before and contacted UM and they told me it's normal on cars with high flow exhaust (less restriction) due to the removal of the rev-hang, it sounds freaking awesome with an aftermarket cat-back like the Techtonics Tuning Exhaust with a single borla muffler :)