GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTI Changes/updates

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The LEDs on the front would have looked nicer as an L instead of U..to match the R tails.

CrzyP

Ready to race!
All the pictures of the Autobahn make it look like shit. I just stopped by my dealer and looked at a '12 CW DSG 4 dr Autobahn. I was wowed! The Serron wheels are the biggest improvement. A 2D photo just can't capture all the angles, curves, and detail of the wheel. They really look good. The golfball shifter looked like ass in photos, but actually it blends well when sitting in the car and feels good in my hand. Headlights are so so, but not ugly. Doorsills are a plus and the aluminum trim adds needed contrast to the black leather interior. The trim also reminds me of the A3 S-Line I was considering to buy. All in all it looks good in my opinion.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
All the picture of the Autobanh make it look like shit. I just stopped by my dealer and looked at a '12 CW DSG 4 dr Autobahn. I was wowed! The Serron wheels are the biggest improvement. A 2D photo just can't capture all the angles, curves, and detail of the wheel. They really look good. The golfball shifter looked like ass in photos, but actually is blends well when sitting in the car and feels good in my hand. Headlights are so so, but not ugly. Doorsills are a plus and the aluminum trim reminds me of the A3 S-Line I was considering. All in all it looks good.

Exactly! Very well said! I just picked one up and +1 your statement.

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
The LEDs on the front would have looked nicer as an L instead of U..to match the R tails.

Actually I think I agree with this, or maybe even with one more led deleted from right near the turn signal. Good observation. I wonder if those bulbs are easily serviceable. :confused:

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
All the pictures of the Autobahn make it look like shit. I just stopped by my dealer and looked at a '12 CW DSG 4 dr Autobahn. I was wowed! The Serron wheels are the biggest improvement. A 2D photo just can't capture all the angles, curves, and detail of the wheel. They really look good. The golfball shifter looked like ass in photos, but actually it blends well when sitting in the car and feels good in my hand. Headlights are so so, but not ugly. Doorsills are a plus and the aluminum trim adds needed contrast to the black leather interior. The trim also reminds me of the A3 S-Line I was considering to buy. All in all it looks good in my opinion.

+1

GHM73

Ready to race!
I'm telling you... you have to see the DRLs on and in person. Especially when it starts to get darker our. They look badass. I agree they did not look great in pictures, but once i saw the car in person, with them on, it looked awesome... and everyone who sees my 2012 in person has the same opinion. bad. ass.

I think they maybe could have done the design a little differently, but it does not look bad IMO. Of course, I'm a little biased b/c I own one now.

//G

GHM73

Ready to race!
At least they stay ON when you use your turn signa, NOT like the Audi. Always hated that about the Audis.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!

nik

Go Kart Champion
I agree the DRL's look wayy better in person.. and when you see the reflection on another car they actually look continuous and like pissed off eyes. Silver trims not bad.. it breaks up the interior in a nice way.

I don't know if my 2011 had this, discovered it by fluke, but if you do some weird Sega Genesis code with the steering wheel seek controls, the preset change button alternates to radio tune. Oh and the Canadian spec RNS 510 comes with voice control!