GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Galpin VW saves the day!

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Hello my fellow enthusiasts,

I just wanted to share my story, but I'll try to keep it short. I've had all kinds of problems since I went APR stage 2 at Fastivus, earlier this year. I had my HPFP go out, as well as the controller, fried ECU and broken intake manifold. These were all covered under warranty, except the ECU, even though it should have been. This was all done at my original dealer. Things were good again for awhile.

Later on, I installed the Neuspeed charge pipe and APR downpipe. Things were still great, but then my car started stalling. Took it to my original dealer and after 2 days, they said they could not continue work on my car unless I put my ECU and downpipe back to stock. I picked it up and took it to my local euro shop. He found tons of faults and said that it should all be covered under warranty.

I then remembered Galpin VW and how they were boasting how mod-friendly they were. I got Nick, the service foreman's number from Kawika and gave him a call. He was more than happy to help me out. Luckily, he knew the service tech at my original dealer and also my local euro shop owner. (Eurowurx, for those who are interested) They are practically the only ones who have worked on my car. Galpin had my vehicle for about 3 days, but were able to finally fix it. They replaced my water pump (that's 2x in 20k miles for me) and also my speed sensor as some coolant had leaked onto it.

TLDR - My car is running great again and it's all thanks to the great people at Galpin VW!

P.S. I love being part of the VW community and really appreciate all of those who have helped me with my car troubles/mods.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
sweeet! nice man, always try different dealerships as one might not be so friendly with mods. you probably know this by now... lol

So eurowurx is a good shop ehh? I tried them once and the guy there, big guy, was being kind of a dick.it was about 3-4 years ago. never went back, AUtunning was the one that helped me out, and keeps earning my business.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Great new man! I just bought my 2017 GTI here. Are they still mod friendly?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Yes they are. Speak with Daniel in service and request Justin as a tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I appreciate your help