GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine woes!!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hi, sorry for the long post!! I have already posted about this oil issue a while ago but I'm now a bit confused with my engine issue and was hoping you guys may be able to help and advise as to my next move, lately I've been getting blue smoke from the exhaust on overrun only, I replaced the PCV for a newest revision genuine VAG part and it has reduced the smoke a little but the problem still persists but is far less of a cloud! My thoughts are it's the valve stem seals? There are no fault codes or drivability issues and no other symptoms I've noticed and the car goes rather well to be honest, it doesn't use coolant and the oil is nice and clean although it is using it quicker than I would like even though it does appear to be within the usual usage stated in the manual, the spark plug electrode in cylinder 4 continues to be fouled with oil though, I've cleaned it and swapped the plugs around and they then return to the correct colour for a while until the same plug ends up with oil on it again! Today it is with my mechanic who has used a camera to look in the cylinders, there is no scoring and all look good, cylinder 4 however he said had a bright (for want of a better word scratch) on the very top near the two valve indents, he said he didn't know what this was? I think it may just be the led on the scope making it just appear to be bright and not actually be anything, I'm not sure how to proceed from here? Should I have the valve seals only changed and hope that's it or should I do more? I really can't afford to spend a fortune and need a bit of wise advice! Thanks in advance!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk