GOLFMKV

My Golf R Sportwagen 4Motion

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Wow I got so hooked into reading thru this build great job! Very badass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macca 01

Passed Driver's Ed
Well that is a awesome build mate , very talented in the approach and build up of such a great sleeper car

Stinger

Ready to race!
Stunning, real pro. Congrats!

elcid86

Passed Driver's Ed
Some people's talent just simply amazes me. Nice verk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20vTa4

Thanks guys. For all those that mentioned the R bumper, I have a gti bumper going on soon, I kinda prefer it to the R, we'll see how it goes. I love the tails on that white wagons but unfortunately they're custom.

This is awesome! How much coding was required to get the AWD working after the swap?

No coding required for the awd, it has the entire golf R wiring harness, including modules and everything else. The only thing left from the wagon is the body, airbag system, and door harnesses. Only programming was to get the tail lights to work properly.

20vTa4

I picked up an extra 30hp over the weekend by adding the R badge from the donor car. This should really confuse or annoy some people.

[/IMG]

nydubber

Dead serious -- if you EVER want to sell this thing, please please please contact me first.

Thank you. Love this build.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
How many hours do you think you committed to the build? It's sensational I mean I wouldn't change a thing. Once you have some tips on dat ass it'll pull it together. Special build for certain

20vTa4

So a friend mentions that he needs a cheap wagon for commuting/hauling crap and asks me to find him a deal like I got on my wagon. I start searching craigslist and find a local one at a decent price and go check it out. The car is a mint white 5 speed 2010 that's way cleaner than mine. Immediately the wheels start turning and long story short, I work out a deal to sell my blue one to my buddy and I buy the white one. Here's where it gets really stupid, I'm now in the middle of a two-way swap. The R swap is coming out of the blue into the white one and the blue one will be a stock 5 speed (previously automatic). I've done many swaps but never from car to car, so this should be interesting. It's also funny that this will be the first and second Golf R swapped sportwagen in the world, I think. :D

I'll post a a bunch of pics as I go along, for anyone interested in my stupidity.
I'm also keeping track of all my time just to get an idea of how much time I'm wasting.

Here it is in it's minty glory

Fresh 2 year inspection sticker

In the garage just hours after inspection

Engine out a few hours later

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
You sir, are a mad man. I can't believe you're going to swap your swap. And not just any swap but probably the most intensive swap I've ever read about.

Great luck. Looking forward to seeing the new results.