GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

SirClimax

Ready to race!
This is definitely a personal preference.

I like to look at:

Boost
Coolant Temp
IAT (this is post intercooler temps and good to keep eye on)
Knock Ret Cyl 1 (shows me a sample of how much knock I am seeing)
Knock Ret Cyl 3 (shows me a sample of how much knock I am seeing)
LTFT (indicates if any intake or boost leaks occur)

Why do you focus on 2 different cylinders instead of the overall knock ret? just curious.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Why do you focus on 2 different cylinders instead of the overall knock ret? just curious.

The car pulls timing on each cylinder independently - there is no overall knock retard that is applied to all.

Looking at 1 and 3 gives me a good sample of what the engine is doing knock wise.

Laimface

Ready to race!
I usually hover at around 0.96 on the LTFT during normal driving but when I come to a stop and idle it tends to drop lower to around 0.92-0.94. What kind of numbers on the LTFT might indicate a leak?

Mine is about -7.5%. I have a leak at the turbo muffler O-Ring but it's a massive pain in the ass to replace so will get someone else to do it when I get a muffler delete kit.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I'm planning to purchase this tune with Accessport but I need to gather up the supporting mods beforehand.

List includes the Cobb or Uni downpipe, R8 coilpacks, plugs and a upgraded diverter valve.

Is a CAI necessary? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for any input.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys, I'm planning to purchase this tune with Accessport but I need to gather up the supporting mods beforehand.

List includes the Cobb or Uni downpipe, R8 coilpacks, plugs and a upgraded diverter valve.

Is a CAI necessary? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for any input.

Necessary no.. will it benefit you for a little more power yes. It will also let you hear the turbo noises a lot more.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
I usually hover at around 0.96 on the LTFT during normal driving but when I come to a stop and idle it tends to drop lower to around 0.92-0.94. What kind of numbers on the LTFT might indicate a leak?

My LTFT are around 1.04-1.06 when driving and can rise a decent amount at idle. What does this indicate? Running a bit rich I'd assume, but does this mean anything more that I should be concerned about?

I'm COBB Stage 2 Stock MAF and I may get a flash tune with a custom calibration to get everything perfect.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
My LTFT are around 1.04-1.06 when driving and can rise a decent amount at idle. What does this indicate? Running a bit rich I'd assume, but does this mean anything more that I should be concerned about?

I'm COBB Stage 2 Stock MAF and I may get a flash tune with a custom calibration to get everything perfect.

That's about what I get but it usually drops slightly when idling

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!

Positive LTFT actually means it's adding fuel so it's indicating it's a little bit lean and is adding fuel to compensate if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's enough to really worry about. If it was like 1.10 and above constantly then yeah I would check into it.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Necessary no.. will it benefit you for a little more power yes. It will also let you hear the turbo noises a lot more.

Thanks for the info. I went ahead a got the Neuspeed intake, r8 coils, plugs and gfb diverter valve.

Now I need to decide on the Cobb or Uni downpipe. Leaning towards the Cobb, not sure if the Stratified tune will work better with one or the other. They look to be about the same construction. I'm a stickler about fitment.

Last edited:

CHerna

Ready to race!
Getting prepared to pull the trigger on a Cobb/Stratified Tune.

Last thing on my list is a new DV. Should I go with a GFB DV+ or OEM latest revision?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info. I went ahead a got the Neuspeed intake, r8 coils, plugs and gbf diverter valve.

Now I need to decide on the Cobb or Uni downpipe. Leaning towards the Cobb, not sure if the Stratified tune will work better with one or the other. They look to be about the same construction. I'm a stickler about fitment.

It doesn't matter on the brand. It's a custom tune anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldtype2

Ready to race!
It doesn't matter on the brand. It's a custom tune anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just wondering if one has better fitment/construction than the other. I don't want to turn this into a exhaust thread though :)

Last edited:

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Thanks. Just wondering if one has better fitment/construction than the other. I don't want to turns this into a exhaust thread though :)

The only reason I would choose the Uni downpipe over the Cobb one is because of the v-band clamps. Other than that they are pretty similar.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
stupid question time: when it comes to getting a downpipe, with respect to how it will work with this tune... does brand matter? I've tried doing some reading on this but cant find anything that says one way or the other. obviously brand matters with quality of the part but would it have that big of impact on how well the tune works?