GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Longshot: Vivd Racing Tuning?

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with these guys...

I'm not one to take a risk like this, but it definitely caught my attention.

I know vivid racing has been around because I used to vend parts for a company for a short while, but I was under the impression they were out of the game...

Just saw this ad on craigslist and a few of my old Subaru buddies were talking about it as well.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4329999118.html

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I had purchased my Stoptech BBK through them a few years ago. I know they had issues way back when and for a while appeared to have gone dormant. That said, it seems like they've been legit for a few years now, if not more. However, I have no idea on tuning applications with them, but do know it seems like their part vendor side seems to be OK.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
I mean Stage 1 is pretty basic, I'd love a free tune but I don't think id risk it I just didn't know what the chances were that someone here may have taken them up on this offer.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I saw that. I didn't reread the page, I had seen it earlier this week and the gTi was still up there I believe.

At least maybe a R on this forum can take advantage!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

omgheyitskenny

Ready to race!
You'll get mixed regarding their company. Dan (half owner of vivid racing) is mostly in the porsche and audi scene. They are a uni dealer also. I know a few that that have or are working for him including my fiance that use to do their website there is nothing wrong with them.

Local MK5 R32 guy took their offer and is going to them next week.

Most of AZ are APR due to camelback VW and goodspeed offering APR. But a lot of east valley guys are UNI fans then again they did not use Vivid, they had their stuff done at Wuste so nobody has really taken their car to vivid for uni (I talk to about 85-90%vof the vag community in phoenix/east valley).

I know this is their own tune they're offering and not uni but I was simply using a comparison of how many people have taken their vehicles to them in the Vag community now this might be a result that they don't advertise much on the VW community if any advertising at all.

You have many options in AZ if you come down to the valley from the north part. Camelback VW and goodspeed do apr, Tunningruppe does GIAC, Adam from EPIC will do revo and eurodyne, EvoMS with their own software and Vivid with UNI

Same thing EvoMS did a few years back when GIAC was dropped and they went with their own software.

Last edited: