GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

12 GTI vs 06 WRX limited

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Edit#2: an hour after I posted this, I scheduled an appointment for a stage 1+ Unitronic tune. UNI FTW!!

This is most likely gonna happen soon. But I must consult the forum about some concerns haha.

Were both stock. He has 144k and I have only 27k and an intake.

Power numbers are so close... Stock wrx dynos around 190 or something like that. I could safely assume I'm right around 200 or more, correct?

But... We were ripping it around today just for fun and I followed him. In some instances, he was pulling away from me.. Is that possible? I thought I'd have him(it would still be close) but it seems like its gonna be a LOT closer than I thought. Maybe I should just surprise him with a stage 1 tune hahah.
And no im not talking about from a dig. Obviously he'd get me.

Any thoughts??

Last edited:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
You'll win if you're stock and you'll demolish him if you're stage 1.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
It's harder to catch up, that's why he was pulling on you. Trust me as long as you don't race from a dig you will win.

Are you 6sp or DSG?

Sent from deez balls

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
quit racing that 5 speed before he blows his gear box out lol

you might want to skip stage 1 and go stage 2 if you can afford it. I dont know how uni does about upgrades though.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
quit racing that 5 speed before he blows his gear box out lol

you might want to skip stage 1 and go stage 2 if you can afford it. I dont know how uni does about upgrades though.

Unfortunately I can't just yet. I'm hoping to get it by the time summer hits... My suspension needs more attention before that anyways. I wanna be able to get intercooler clutch and dp all at the same time...

If I'm not mistaken uni is 150 for the upgrade to stage 2. Plus I'd probably want the 100 octane tune, and uniconnect.

Optical TDI1

Passed Driver's Ed