GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI power plant

07Noside

Banned
Any word on what type of motor and output that will be powering the new gens?

blue2th

Ready to race!
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=55717&vf=7

what we're told here in Aussieland...

Engines are likely to include the current Golf GT’s 1.4-litre turbocharged and supercharged engine, as well as 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre versions. A reworked version of the 2.0-litre turbo will also appear in the GTI. A 1.9-litre and 2.0-litre diesel will also be available, featuring the company’s cleaner burning Bluemotion technology.

Transmissions offered will include manual, automatic and VW’s automated manual (DSG).
Inside, the car has more prominent air-conditioning vents and a restyled steering wheel, but retains the basic dash layout.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Hopefully in the US they will drop the 2.5 I5 for the twincharged engine in the Rabbit.

The GTI will most likely get the new 2.0T with a timing chain, but same power numbers.

The ED30 engine should be the new GTI engine to compete with all of the new higher powered competition.

The twincharged engine should be in the Rabbit because the 2.5 does not get good enough mileage to make up for the HUGE decrease in performance from the 2.0T.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
why cant they put the 2.0t 260 hp engine from the tt? :(

MistaKambeezy

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm guessing for the GTI: 2.0tsi, k04 turbo, about 230hp, and an AWD option that will only be available with DSG. And for the R32: 3.2L thats in the new Audi A5/A4 with 265hp.

srbsta

Banned
i want the ED30/S3 engine

07Noside

Banned
so us bound gti's will probably recieve just the new version 2.0t TSI CCTA motor and still be powered by a KO3 sport variant. If they offered it with a KO4 in north america I would have considered getting one.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
I would think they would use the current 2.0 from the 2009 Audi A4 with 211 HP and 265 Torque :eek:

And i know the past two R32s were VR6s but it would be nice to have the S3 engine with AWD and DSG as the next R32.

07Noside

Banned
I would think they would use the current 2.0 from the 2009 Audi A4 with 211 HP and 265 Torque :eek:

And i know the past two R32s were VR6s but it would be nice to have the S3 engine with AWD and DSG as the next R32.

then it would not be an R32 any more but a AWD 30th edition. Which would be wonderful and I would purchase one except that the US bound price tag would probably be $40k+ in that territory I would leave the VW community if I were looking to spend that much money. Now a FWD ed 30 US bound equivalent for $33k would be a reasonable purchase.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
That is what Autoweek is stating, that the new R will have the S3 engine with AWD.

The A4 2.0T will not be used in the MKVI. It has 211hp 258tq, which would probably make it out perform the R32. The new A3 and GTI will both use the new timing chain 2.0T.

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Whatever the powerplant is, hopefully the car will be put on a diet.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
You might expect the same weight as the MKV....

The B8 A4 is about 50lbs heavier than the B7, but has grown 5" in length, 2" in width etc.

So a much bigger car weighs the same.............Hopefully the MKVI doesn't get any bigger size wise, and weight wise.