GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another misfire thread, P0300 & P0302

vinyvolingy

Passed Driver's Ed
So it was your valves lol, that looks nastyyy glad you got it taken care of.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
I recently threw codes for random multiple misfires p300 p303 p304 etc. Even though my car is still under warranty I took it upon myself to install r8 coil packs & new plugs. I scanned it again & came up with the same codes, took it to the dealer & they replaced all four injectors under warranty, not two weeks later I have the same problem. I have only 19K miles & it only seems to misfire at idle. I will be taking back to the dealer but starting to think this is a software problem.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I recently threw codes for random multiple misfires p300 p303 p304 etc. Even though my car is still under warranty I took it upon myself to install r8 coil packs & new plugs. I scanned it again & came up with the same codes, took it to the dealer & they replaced all four injectors under warranty, not two weeks later I have the same problem. I have only 19K miles & it only seems to misfire at idle. I will be taking back to the dealer but starting to think this is a software problem.

Having misfires?:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57745&highlight=Allset

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Im having the same exact issues but on all 4 cylinders. I'm stage 2 as well but only have 26k miles. It does run a little rough sometimes when its cold. I'm not sure where to go after changing plugs and coils after the first CEL. That was probably 2000 miles between CEL's.

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Im having the same exact issues but on all 4 cylinders. I'm stage 2 as well but only have 26k miles. It does run a little rough sometimes when its cold. I'm not sure where to go after changing plugs and coils after the first CEL. That was probably 2000 miles between CEL's.

What did you gap your plugs to? Are you on the 'updated' APR file?

FriggenT1

Banned
u stock?

the valve cleaning the dealer does is useless for carbon cleaning, they put solvent in the oil, gas and spray into the TB.

they did that to mine at 35,000 miles. below is my 2010 with 58,000 miles before and after a real carbon cleaning:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53613

It's not totally useless, its been shown to cut into some carbon and help. There's a video of an audi getting done that looks pretty good afterward.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
What did you gap your plugs to? Are you on the 'updated' APR file?
Yes its the latest file. I gapped them to .024 as instructed by APR. I just got PolorFIS so now I can watch in real time as they happen. Its kinda crazy how many misfires actually happen that arent throwing codes. Not sure how normal that is.

FriggenT1

Banned
I already used a techron fuel system cleaner with chevron 93 gas, didn't help a bit. In my case, I honestly don't think gas is the problem. I've been using the same gas for the last 10 months, this started after I changed the downpipe.

That stuff doesn't have PEA in it anymore supposedly. I just used gumout that has PEA in it, it, and my last tank was 450.7 miles or after fill up 31.6 mpg with the paper and pen method rather than the car (which said 32.2). I put it in the oil as well.

I really want to try archoil which supposedly has the ability to slowly break down and remove carbon for both diesels and DI engines. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W...=1&linkCode=xm2&pc_redir=T1&tag=usacarkits-20

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
That stuff doesn't have PEA in it anymore supposedly. I just used gumout that has PEA in it, it, and my last tank was 450.7 miles or after fill up 31.6 mpg with the paper and pen method rather than the car (which said 32.2). I put it in the oil as well.

I really want to try archoil which supposedly has the ability to slowly break down and remove carbon for both diesels and DI engines. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W...=1&linkCode=xm2&pc_redir=T1&tag=usacarkits-20

This is interesting, I love finding out about these things. I know you can get an engine oil analysis done, but how would we be able to get data on doing this sort of stuff?

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Yes its the latest file. I gapped them to .024 as instructed by APR. I just got PolorFIS so now I can watch in real time as they happen. Its kinda crazy how many misfires actually happen that arent throwing codes. Not sure how normal that is.

.024 and still throwing codes? I was about to gap down to .024 this weekend. My PolarFIS shows a crazy amount of misfires also. Mostly sitting at red lights or at cold start.

FriggenT1

Banned
This is interesting, I love finding out about these things. I know you can get an engine oil analysis done, but how would we be able to get data on doing this sort of stuff?

I don't know lol. I guess using a borescope over a period of time maybe.

Ernie Lee

I have been struggling with this for months trying to avoid another carbon clean out. I performed on 25,000 miles ago. Replaced plugs and boots, fuel filter, and tried some Lucas fuel injection cleaner after. After the missfires, I would clear the code and the car would run fine, only to missfire on the next cold start. I noticed some oil on the pcv breather hose at the intake connection, and decided to replace it. Bam, no more motherfuckin' missfires!! I hope this helps someone else