GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radiator leak...is this a common problem?

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm just seeing this. Installed the radiator awhile back, it was not hard. I fought with the mounting holes a bit, probably because of APR intercooler. Pull the fan assembly, drain hoses, unbolt, lift out. There is one a/c hose that was in the way, if you're careful you can work around it.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Chalk me up as another victim. I'm at 83k miles, so I guess it will come out of my pocket. My problem actually started a couple years ago, with under 60k on the GTI. Coolant was below the LOW line and the warning came on. I told the dealer to inspect the fool out of it, since the car is know to have water pump problems. Unfortunately, they found nothing, topped it off, and called it good (not that it would have likely mattered).

Since it's gotten real hot last week, it dropped below LOW again. Topped it off yesterday, but after driving to work today (120 miles) it's dropped a little and I can see coolant on the plastic try under the radiator.

Guess I'll be ordering a new radiator :mad:

dub*man

Ready to race!
Hi everyone

I need to buy a new radiator for my 2011 GTI CBFA.

I found this nissins and behr radiator for the 2011 Audi A3 (CBFA).

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...=2011&cid=16@Cooling System&gid=2172@Radiator

and this for the CC (CBFA)

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pn...roogleSKU_VW&gclid=CLzfr5bTn80CFRSPfgodr_EP6Q

Will any of these fit? I thought the GTI, CC, and A3 had identical motors.

I can’t afford a new OEM radiator and that is the only thing that I can find for a 2011 CBFA GTI.

Throwing this in here in case someone knows the answer.

chaos12

Need Tyrol Sport radiator group buy

Does anyone know if there are more group buys planned for the Tyrol Sprot UG Aluminum Radiator anytime soon? Mine has a slow leak (pressure tested not real serious) but I just got into HPDE last season so I want the upgrade.

If anyone knows about a planned group buy or at least the 10% off they sometimes offer please reply or PM me. Want to get this in by 5/1/2017. Hyde thanks for the write up on this part, excellent as always.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if there are more group buys planned for the Tyrol Sprot UG Aluminum Radiator anytime soon? Mine has a slow leak (pressure tested not real serious) but I just got into HPDE last season so I want the upgrade.

If anyone knows about a planned group buy or at least the 10% off they sometimes offer please reply or PM me. Want to get this in by 5/1/2017. Hyde thanks for the write up on this part, excellent as always.

You're welcome.