GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 2 GTI vs Neon Srt4 stage 2 Mopar

gkallis

Ready to race!
Give me your thought about your new B&B DP and stage2 power compared to stage1, u are the guy that argued me that the difference wasnt worst it. What do u think now that u tested both ?

When u install the BB DP the power is definitely noticeable but what also is awesome is the sound. I know its no catback but it does add noice(Not bad).

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Give me your thought about your new B&B DP and stage2 power compared to stage1, u are the guy that argued me that the difference wasnt worst it. What do u think now that u tested both ?

I'm not sure if I was the guy who argued it wasn't "worth" it. More so that the money spent for stage 1 would be more of a difference than the money spent to go stage 2 from stage 1. Anyways my initial thoughts about going stage 2 were kind of skeptical as before when I was stage 1 I ran another mk6 GTI who was stage 2 and the difference was very minimal. However after going stage 2 I realize that the stage 2 driver I had raced before must have just been a mediocre driver at best. After having this GTI equipped with DSG I've realized you have to been an exceptionally gifted driver to be able to keep up with the shifts of the dsg and not lose too much ground. My first choice on downpipes was ofcourse APR however the price was very high for me. This is why I chose the B&B downpipe(472$) from redline motorworks....they have since raised the price :(......on to the difference.

When I was stage 1 with carbonio intake I loved the big change from stock. The car now had a definate ooomph and kick at wot. My car was able to keep up with plenty of cars that most people would consider "fast" or at least "quick" as proof look at the videos of all the cars I ran on my youtube channel before this race ofcourse. All my previous videos were when my car was still stage 1. I was able to keep up with/beat the following: GTO, Pontiac g8 GT, Mustang GT, Neon srt4(stage 1), cobalt SS (stage 1), mk5 GTI (unitronic stage 2), trans ams, etc...

Now that i'm stage 2 the difference has shocked me. Ofcourse the change isn't as drastic as stock to stage 1 but definately a total improvement overall. People who say stage 2 "loses" power "down low" are either running the old version of APR's software or just complete idiots. Sorry for those who think this, everyone is indeed intitaled to their own opinions but I beg to differ. IMO power "down low" is much better than stage 1 the "ooomph" is definately still there and after the intial kick you get a second "surge" once my car shifts to 3rd gear and the car just keeps on pulling. I'll give a comparison for this one. When I was stage 1 I raced a stock 335xi from both a 25mph roll and 40mph roll.....25mph roll for those people who say stage 1 definately has a great improvement "down-low" and the "kick in your pants" feeling well they were right but as for actual speed my stage 1 could not keep up with the 335xi it kept up but once my GTI hit 90mph the distance was about 1.5car lengths to 2 full car lengths. From a 40mph roll stage 1 GTI had no chance the initial go it kept up but as soon as both cars hit 50mph the 335 looked as if something was pushing it from behind and again to 90mph the distance was about 1.5-2 car lengths. Fast forward to when I am stage 2. I ran the same 335 both a 25mph roll and 40mph roll. If the stage 2 software did "lose" some power down low then why is it when I ran the same 335 at a 25mph it did much better than stage 1 the results against the 335....Dead even! from both 25 and 40mph pulls. The responsiveness of my GTI now has much improved and believe it or not the car pulled quicker than the bmw 335 from both 25 and 40 (quicker as in half a car hood length) the cars were dead even up to about 120mph after that the 335 started to pull away(slowly but surely) keep in mind the 335 has a 3.0L engine inline 6 with an n54 twin turbo charged engine. so in the end stage 2 was definately worth it. If I had to give a guess as to how much faster it is that my stage 1 was lets say from a 25mph roll to 40mph roll about 1.5-2 car lengths of a difference and ofcourse power is much more linear and smooth. Sound of the B&B downpipe is "sexy" and throttle responsive is definately more responsive so was the 600+ bucks worth it for me ABSOLUTELY I think whoever goes stage 2 will love it! and for me to beat this kid after he went stage 2 also makes it that much sweeter for me lol.

Last edited:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
When u install the BB DP the power is definitely noticeable but what also is awesome is the sound. I know its no catback but it does add noice(Not bad).

agreed I bought my downpipe "non-resonated" and I'm loving the sound. It doesn't sound like "tin-cans" as most people say it does and to spend the extra 100 bucks to make it "resonated" seems like a waste of money imo. Car is perfectly "quite" too at normal driving speeds, there's abosolutely no drone whatsoever and it sounds sexy when you get on it lol.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Nice review ! thx :)

Dead event with a 335xi is nice to hear, a 333 hps. With DSG that help for sure. I would love to try you as manual, I love challenge and im confident its possible to be as fast, my insert torque help me on this.

Glad to see that you enjoy your B&B DP, mine has a 100cel resonator that is pretty quiet.

Just a question, did you repayed 600 bucks to go to apr stage2 ? Its supposed to be free, but the downpipe purchase.

All you need now is an s3 intercooler or a twincooler... or both ! :D

If u do, rematch the 335Xi, so nice way to test your power upgrades.

I dont considere the k04 kit, only if I blow my turbo. Stage2 is right perfect enough power for me.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
good kill op! Not to be cliche but winning is winning in street racing

Thanks man. I was thinking tho if you where driving his car it would have been a whole lot different lol but I'll take the win anyways haha this kid was cocky after he beat me stage 1 saying my car looks like an egg....damn must suck for him to loose to an "egg" car lmfao.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Bruno2000:

Thanks man and 600 was the price I paid for the B&B downpipe after tax, shipping, and install. Stage 2 was still free I just paid half an hour for labour for them to reflash my ecu. And you got it I'm getting an s3 intercooler next Friday and will run the 335 again idk if it will make any improvement. I'm guessing it will still be dead even only difference will be that I can stay dead even run after run after run lol. Which is good enough for me as summer is finally here. And I'd love to run another dubber it would be fun :thumbup:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Bruno2000:

Oh and I'm already saving up for a ko4 turbo for next summer :) just sucks cuz I'm also a full time college student so mods come slow :( I'm very happy with my gti as is now though my friends with a GTO and g8 GT can't dog on me anymore cuz my car can now hold it's own very pleased with my GTI I love it :thumbup:

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Yeah nice kill but SRT-4 driver can't drive for shit...

If he is stage 2 with more stuff he should walk you easily

I witnessed a stock turbo full bolt on SRT walk my friends K04 mk5 like nothing

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure if I was the guy who argued it wasn't "worth" it. More so that the money spent for stage 1 would be more of a difference than the money spent to go stage 2. Anyways my initial thoughts about going stage 2 were kind of skeptical as before when I was stage 1 I ran another mk6 GTI who was stage 2 and the difference was very minimal. However after going stage 2 I realize that the stage 2 driver I had raced before must have just been a mediocre driver at best. After having this GTI equipped with DSG I've realized you have to been an exceptionally gifted driver to be able to keep up with the shifts of the dsg and not lose too much ground. My first choice on downpipes was ofcourse APR however the price was very high for me. This is why I chose the B&B downpipe(472$) from redline motorworks....they have since raised the price :(......on to the difference.

I have the same setup as you and agree (B&B DP) with everything you say. I've surprised a number of people including a turbo charged MK4 VR6.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Yeah nice kill but SRT-4 driver can't drive for shit...

If he is stage 2 with more stuff he should walk you easily

I witnessed a stock turbo full bolt on SRT walk my friends K04 mk5 like nothing

Agreed he is a pretty bad driver, but talks a lot of shit and works at a damn drag strip. haha but anyways i'm getting ko4 by next summer and I hope I don't get walked by this kid if he finally learns to drive even after a ko4 uprgrade lol.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
He had an intake and catback, but he definitely can't drive for shit lol

He said he had stayed dead even with an auto v6 altima.......

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
He had an intake and catback, but he definitely can't drive for shit lol

He said he had stayed dead even with an auto v6 altima.......

haha dead even with an altima nice lmao. If he had an intake and catback as soon as he gets his car reflashed and if he runs you again the outcome will be completely different. The srt4 cars are pretty fast once they are modded I was just fortunate enough to be racing an srt4 with a shitty driver :lol: