GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 DSG Autobahn pricing question

adough

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello!

Been lurking around the forums here for quite some time and finally decided to purchase a 2012 dsg autobahn. There is a dealer who is offering $1500 off msrp, was just wondering if that is a good or decent deal? I tried searching but couldn't find any post with a completed sale. Also, Truecar lists it for $31,297.

Thanks in advance!

Rock Strongo1

Ready to race!
I picked mine up ('12 4-door DSG Autobahn) for $31,1XX with 0% financing. Went through a middle-man brokerage service, so who knows how low the dealer might have gone, but that was over $2k off sticker.

Niebeendend

Ready to race!
Hello!

Been lurking around the forums here for quite some time and finally decided to purchase a 2012 dsg autobahn. There is a dealer who is offering $1500 off msrp, was just wondering if that is a good or decent deal? I tried searching but couldn't find any post with a completed sale. Also, Truecar lists it for $31,297.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds high if that is simply the selling price.

Check scottvw.com - seems they always have aggressive Internet pricing. They are only a couple of hundred miles from NYC.

adough

Passed Driver's Ed
Just thought I would share with you all that I have picked up my '12 dsg autobahn in black for $30,165 pretax + dmv. came with trunk liner, monster mats, and the cargo blocks. I love the car!

Niebeendend

Ready to race!
Just thought I would share with you all that I have picked up my '12 dsg autobahn in black for $30,165 pretax + dmv. came with trunk liner, monster mats, and the cargo blocks. I love the car!

Sounds like you saved $1K since your last post - good work! Did you buy it locally or shop around to save the extra money?

adough

Passed Driver's Ed
Just emailed about 6 dealers and found a decent price. The car actually was at the port and just shipped to the dealer so I practically got it right off the truck. Now time for some tints!

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I got mine for 29,130 and that was with tax tags title out the door. But it was a 2 door and not 4 door. Also it was a 2010 built in Feb so that'll make a difference. Sounds like you got a decent deal to me seeing as how everything is so damn expensive now lol.

Also the only option I didn't get was HID headlamps which you prob also have. I converted already cause I like the stock hologen housing ha

Congrats though and welcome to the modding bug. Don't let them drill holes in the bumper. You can get a bracket to mount the license plate a lot better at gominigo.com

adough

Passed Driver's Ed
Luckily for me, the dealer asked me before he drilled the holes in which i politely declined. I just zip tied it to the honeycomb for now, however read somewhere that by doing so, it will block airflow to the inter cooler? any thoughts?

adough

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah i got a pretty good deal. The autobahn you're linking to is for a manual and I think you can def go below that price. Truecar was quoting for at that price for a DSG 4dr.

XZT123

Ready to race!
Hey... just a thought.. I just bought a 2011 (Autobahn DSG) with 12k on the meter for 24.5k In my opinion save yourself $7,000 and get yourself a longer warranty (to 5 year, 50k CPO) by buying one of these 1 year old cars that were former corporate leases.

I bought my last car new, but it did not drop that much used at all. 7k is a lot !

Ahddallas

Passed Driver's Ed
I just picked up my '12 4Dr Autobahn w/DSG at invoice price $31,382. That's including the rubber and carpet floor mats, trunk mat & blocks, and freight charge. I seems that there are plenty of inventory at the dealers here in Dallas. I could probably nego for another couple of hundred more but they gave me a decent deal on my trade in.

Timster13

I was able to get my 2012 DSG Autobahn 5-dr for $30,800 that included tints, monster mats and the dealserhip's Zak-tek wax treatment. Not the best price I've but they gave me a great trade-in price and the whole experience was positive.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I was able to get my 2012 DSG Autobahn 5-dr for $30,800 that included tints, monster mats and the dealserhip's Zak-tek wax treatment. Not the best price I've but they gave me a great trade-in price and the whole experience was positive.

That's not including tax or anything right? If not I did a little better than you.

Timster13

That's not including tax or anything right? If not I did a little better than you.

Yeah, the $30,800 was before taxes and everything. I would've preferred if they left it untinted so I could take it to my own guy. I've taken it back to the dealership twice for them to get as many of the air bubbles out as they can. There are still some there but they're not too noticeable.